Neurology Expert Forum
cranial neuropathy

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

cranial neuropathy

The entire V1 area of my head (forehead and top of head) is extremely stiff feeling in the muscles.  It feels like as if the symptoms become worse that I will be paralyzed.  Again, this isn't a vague feeling, its extremely noticeable but only to me, because I can still physically raise my eyebrows.  The worse of it the in the muscles that raise the eyebrows.   I also have a constant dull pressure like headache.  

Again, I stress my symptoms are highly specific to stiff/weak feeling in forehead and pressure headache... I am not psychologically compromised in any way.    There is a frontal that shows up on my CT.  It appears boney or osseous in nature.  It is 38 millimeters and extra axial.  It is immediately above the orbit.

From what I read, my symptoms match cranial nerve compression, especially the stiff feeling in the muscles.  

I keep telling my neurolgist and GP there is something wrong with me, and they keep brushing me off,  I really really need some help.   Is it likely I have cranial nerve compression or what?     My brain MRI and MRA were negative except for the aforementioned mass of 38 millimeters
The cranial nerves as neurologists refer to them, are numbered 1 to 12, and serve specific functions and areas of the face and neck. There are other nerves in the face and neck are also, that are not derived from the cranial nerves.

The sensation and muscles of the face are served by cranial nerve 7 and 5 respectively. The sensation of the top of the forehead and further back is served by nerves from the cervical spine, and not the cranial nerves.

Compression or irritation of the 5th cranial nerve can result in hemifacial spasm - continuous or regular contractions of the facial muscle that you can see. Compression or irritation of the 7th cranial nerve can cause trigeminal neuralgia - nerve type pain characterized by lancinating spasms of pain induced by touch or movement.

Neither of these 2 possibilities seem to fit your clinical symptoms and it may be more likely that you have muscle contraction headache from overcontraction/tension in teh muscles themselves and not the nerves. I cannot give you a clinical diagnosis over the internet, so you will have to explore this possibility with your doctors.

Good luck
Your CTs are not of your brain but only of your bones.  I don't think the doc here will be able to say much based on these...
vega,   it's okay.  my brain is normal, the mass in question is a growth of bone...thats why the bone imagining being the best view.
Bob, the doctor most likely won't see your scans due to them being not in the original post... unfortunately i would like to hear his opinion too