Neurology Community
cranioplasty - titanium plate insertion

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

cranioplasty - titanium plate insertion

what kinds of ahces and pains can a stroke suffer expect sfter undergoing a craniolplasty involving the insertion of a titanium plate?

How are you?

Cranioplasty is surgical repair of defect or deformity is in the skull. The most common complication of cranioplasty is infection. There is a considerable probability of infection. It depends however on the site of cranioplasty say for eg any place near the sinuses will be more prone to infection, any preexisting infection and the number of operations.

Let us know if you need more information. Take care!

Thanks.
Other than headaches in cold weather, should there be other symptoms to be suffered?
I have had half my skull removed and replaced with a titanium plate due to a bone tumor, i have had little pin, only when it gets cold and have been told i could get head aches die to bone cells attatching to the plate!
thanks for your comments
Avatar n tn
my son has a titanium plate above his  right eye, he had it about 2 years now. lately it seems when he sleeps with his right eye to the pillow, he wakes up, and his eye is a little swollen, it go's away in a day. can any one tell me is that normal. thanks
Avatar n tn
Hi, my brother had been assaulted in Mexico,  and he needs a cranioplasty, I would like to know If titanium is the best option, because, his doctor said that he can use metylmetacrilate, which one is the best? and I would like to know how much does  a titanium plate costs aproximately? he needs a 10 x 12 cms plate. Thank you.
HI, MY NAME IS STEPHANIE, I WAS IN A CAR ACCIDENT IN 2005, IN WHICH I HAD BROKEN THE FRONT LEFT SIDE OF MY FOREHEAD INTO THE TOP LEFT SIDE OF IT. I RECIEVED 16 PLATES DUE TO THE INJURIES I SUSTAINED AND I WAS IN THE HOSPITAL FOR ALMOST 3 WEEKS. NOW, I'VE HAD 2 KIDS AND HAD THEM NATURAL AND HAD NO PROBLEMS. MY QUESTION IS, I NOTICED A FEW DENTS ON THE LEFT SIDE OF MY HEAD, NOT KNOWING WHERE OR HOW THEY HAPPENED, MY DAUGHTER AND I WERE PLAYING AND SHE ACCIDENTLY HIT ME WITH HER HEAD ON THE LEFT FRONT SIDE OF MY HEAD. I IMMEDIATLY PUT MY HANDS TO MY HEAD UNTIL THE PAIN LET UP AND THEN I NOTICED THERE WAS A NEW DENT WHERE HER HEAD HIT MINE, AND I NOW HAVE A HEADACHE, WHY?? I THOUGHT TITANIUM WAS A REALLY STRONG TYPE OF MEDAL!! WHY IS IT WHEN I ACCIDENTLY HIT MY HEAD IS THERE A NEW DENT????