ct
Does a CAT scan detet aballoned artery in yor brain or is a MRI bette for that, becaue I have een having pain n the left side of my head all the way down to my neck. I have een to the ER n thy gave me a CAT scan but said thy couldn't do an MRI
Hello.

A dilated blood vessel can be seen on contrast enhanced CT scan. Contrast is a dye injected into the body. This dye accumulates in the brain blood vessels and can be seen on the CT scan. An MRI is a better imaging technique. MRA 9Magnetic resonance Angiography) is still better.

Have you considered or ruled out migraine ? Do you have nausea and any other problems ?

Regards
They didn't put any die into my body they just did a reagular ct scan. Would they be able to notice a dilated blood vessel on that? I just want to find out what is wrong with me and I know 11 days to see a nerurologist may not seem very long but it is when I can't function very well while I'm feeling like this . I can't even concentrate on my homework besides the fact I'm haveing problems dealing with my children. And the meds they put me on make me more irritable. I just feel like a pinpong ball, being bounced in every direction so its not their problem.
Hello.

It may not be clearly evident without a dye. I can't explain why the MRI was not done. Different hospitals have different policies. You can now try and get an MRI done with their recommendation.

What problems are you facing handling the kids ? Would you like to share ?

Regards