Neurology Expert Forum
cyst found in brain

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

cyst found in brain

cyst found in brain after 3month from bourn baby pls. get help what to do .  from starting days syesor only at right part of the whole body now my baby is 2.5 years old and she take valpharine syrup,levera syrup,lemitor 25 teblet , after taking these medecine syesor in control since 7 months, but she can not speak,walk - please tell me the solution.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Thanks for using the forum. I am happy to address your questions, and my answer will be based on the information you provided here. Please make sure you recognize that this forum is for educational purposes only, and it does not substitute for a formal office visit with your doctor.

Without the ability to examine your daughter and review her images and obtain a history, I can not tell you what the exact cause of her symptoms is nor what the implications of her imaging findings are. However I will try to provide you with some useful information.

A cyst in the brain of an infant could have many potential causes, including but not limited to an arachnoid cyst (which is just an area filled with CSF, the fluid that fills the brain, that is of little consequence), a tumor, an old stroke or some other insult that now has been replaced with fluid (what is termed a porencephalic cyst). One question that is important to answer is, is the cyst, or other lesion in the brain, the source of the seizures on the right side of the body? This is best determined with a combination of a history of the seizures (what they look like etc) correlated with the imaging findings AND the EEG findings (the brainwave study). If there is a specific area in the brain that is found to be leading to the seizures, and if the seizures are difficult to control with medications, then surgery to remove the seizure focus is one possibility.

At 7 months of age, walking and speaking is not expected yet; if there is concern for the baby's development, it is important to make sure she is getting all the possible help with speech therapy and physical therapy. Evaluation by a pediatric neurologist, and if the seizures are not under adequate control, a pediatric epileptologist, is recommended. It is important for you to understand what you can expect in terms of the development of your child, and also what the implications of the brain cyst are.

Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions, I hope you find the information I have provided useful, good luck.