Neurology Community
cystic encephalomalacia
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

cystic encephalomalacia

hello doctor,
  My father is 65 years old,v hav took a MRI -Brain  recently,report has came as
IMPRESSION REPORT:

1. CHRONIC INFARCT WITH GLIOSIS AND CYSTIC ENCEPHALOMALACIA IN THE LT OCCIPITAL REGION.
2.MULTIPLE SMALL VESSEL ISCHAEMIC CHANGES IN BOTH CEREBRAL HEMISPHERES.
3.MILD NARROWING OF THE RT.INTERNAL CAROTID ARTERY IN THE CAROTID CANAL.
4.SMALL CALIBRE LT.POSTERIOR CEREBRAL ARTERY WITH PAUCITY OF ITS BRANCHES.

so doctor,we do know the exact meaning for this medical terms,so i request u to send the details regarding this report as soon as possible.

Related Discussions
1093617_tn?1279305602
Thank you for your question. Although without being able to placing your findings in context with clinical features and the results of other investigation such as hematological, MRI, I can not offer the specific advice & treatment you need. However, I will try to provide you some relevant information about your health concern.

Usually, localized softening of the brain after the depressed, contusion head injuries and due to hemorrhage/inflammation is called Encephalomalacia. After head injury such kind of symptoms like seizures, paralysis may be common due to already damaged part of brain and may remain symptomatic or progress in future. In addition to that, you may also have white matter disease due to micro-vesicular changes. Although any permanent cure can not be assured in such cases, but symptomatic relief, physiotherapy, avoiding any triggering factors and life style modification help you in certain extent. Please arrange an appointment with a neurologist who will evaluate the further prognosis here and can provide you an appropriate treatment. Hope this helps.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...