deep white matter ischemia
I am 64 years old and have been in good health.  I was a heavy smoker for about 12-14 years but recently quit.  I had an mri of the brain with and without contrast and with diffuse weighted images.  It was done because I have lightheadedness when standing up from a lying position.  I have mild hypertension and recently started taking zestoretic 10/12.5 once a day.  The report came back saying "The routine brain images show  a few small foci of bright FLAIR signal around the ventricles bilaterally consistent with mild chronic deep white matter ischemic  change.  There is no atrophy.  There is no evidence of acute or chronic changes ischemic changes in the posterior fossa.  After contrast administration, no abnormal enhancement is seen.  MR angiographic imagine from the skull base to the circle of Wence of aneurysm, vascular malformation or major branch vessel occlusion.  The right posterior cerebral artery fills mainly from the internal carotid as a normal variant.
IMPRESSION;  Mild chronic deep white matter ischemic  changes around the ventricles.  Otherwise, negative brain MRI with contrast MR angiogram.
I need to correct what I've typed about the MRI results because I  have typed it incorrectly.  It should read:
Multiplanar imaging of the brain was performed with and without contrast including diffusion weighted images.  MR angiography ws obtained from the skull base to the circle of Willis.  On diffusion weighted images, there is no evidence of recent infarct.  The routine brain i mages show a few small foci of bright FLAIR signal around the ventricles bilaterally consistent with mild chronic deep white matter ischemic change.  There is no atrophy.  There is no evidence of acute or chronic ischemic change in the posterior fossa.  After contrast administration, no abnormal enhancement is seen.  MR angiographic imaging from the skull base to the Circle of Willis shows no evidence of aneurysm, vascular malformation or major branch vessel occlusion.  The right posterior cerebral artery fills mainly from the internal carotid as a normal variant.

IMPRESSION;  Mild chronic deep white matter ischemic changes around the ventricles.  Otherwise, negative brain MRI with contrast and MR angiogram.