demetia
I am Rajnish Tiwari from India. My father got enciphalitis problem in 2004. But after 1yr he was atleast able to walk and go to bathroom. But in 2010 he got diabities problem and his health get little bit down again. Now since last 6 month he was totally on bed now he stop taking food from mouth. Here in India Doctors is saying that it's due to Parkinson and Dementia and you have to wait for his death only and you don't have any choice.
    I just want to know that is it possible that he again start to go bathroom and do atleast his daily activities. His age is only 50 year please help me.

It would be worthwhile to consult with a neurologist who specializes in geriatrics. Encephalitis can have long term complications. Diabetes has the potential to and that is why it is essential for it to be properly monitored. If he is diagnosed with Parkinson's there is treatment for that including some treatments that are FDA approved but used off label. Dementia depending on how far it has advanced has some potential options such as Namenda, Aricept and Exelon but only a clinician would understand this in full. Rehabilitation is essential for a person to regain functioning. A home health aide might be needed as well. There are specific agencies that deal with Parkinsons that might be able to provide you with more information.