demyelinating lesion on mri
I have chronic migraines - with a recent episode that required hospitalization. This migraine was much different than my usual ones in location and intensity.

I had a brain mri and it showed "5mm demyelinating lesion left parietal lobe" "this lesion could be the result of demyelinating disease or ischemic change".

I'm not sure what this means - the neuro at the hosp blew it off. But "demyelinating disease" scares the heck out of me!

Anyone have a similar result or can offer any advice??
In April, I had numbness in the left side of my body with double vision.  They diagnosed me with a demyelinating lesion of about 3 mm on my brain stem as the cause via MRI.  

They also did a spinal tap and loads of blood work.  They ruled out MS and many other things based on the fact that I only had 1 lesion and not many, as MS patients will have.  

They treated me with three high dosages of cortisone steroids via drip.  

After that, I recovered from all the major symptoms within about 3 weeks.  However, I still get some blurry vision occasionally and if I look to the right at something distant, my eyes tend to start producing double vision again if I continue staring in that direction.

I will call the doctor again soon about that, but the treatment seemed to work for the major symptoms.