disc protrusin C5-C6 compressing ventral aspect of Thecal sac
I just received my MRI results and would like to know what it means:

Moderate size disc protrusion located to the right of midline compressing the ventral aspect of the thecal sac.

Thank you.
Thank you for your question. Your MRI reports suggest that there is a clear disc bulge in C5-C6 and this may cause nerve irritation in the cervical (neck) spine. This pain may be referred and perceived as occurring in the back of head & shoulders (as electric sensation)- LHERMITTES SIGN, arms or chest, rather than just the neck. Other symptoms may include vertigo, nausea (dizziness) and stiffness. It will be best that you consult a neurologist who would like to prescribe Pain killers, steroid and muscle relaxants. Other treatments could be cervical orthosis such as a soft cervical collar or stiffer neck brace to restrict neck movement till you get complete recovery. In addition, cervical traction may also be suggested by the doctor, if condition is severe. Hope this helps.

You have a disc protrusion at C5-6 pressing on the thecal sac which is the area that surrounds the spinal cord and is responsible for the circulation of cerebral spinal fluid. What type of symptoms do you have? How bad is your pain?
I have just received my MRI result (I had a disc replacement 2 yrs ago) after suffering further pain in neck, shoulder blade, arm and hand, my pain is severe and I am on painkillers which only take the edge off.
I have been referred back to my surgeon.

result states:- quite marked indentation of the thecal sac and distortion of the cord. I am suspicious there maybe a little high signal within the cord itself. At C5/6 there is some monor disc bulging which does cause thecal sac indentation. CONCLUSION:- difficult interperetation due to extensive artifact. further assessment required but certainly on these appearances I could not exclude significant indentation of the thecal sac and cord.

Will this require further surgery?