Neurology Community
dizziness head pressure blurred vision neck pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

For almost a year now I have been suffering with daily dizziness, head pressure, slight numbness on left side of face, muscle aches, and weakness virtually all over.  I have had all the MRI's, CT's, Sonograms on everything you can imagine, blood workup, cholesterol normal, everything is normal with the exception of a slight herniation of C6 and C7 disk in the back. I am a smoker but plan to quit this next week.  I can work hard in the yard and work up a good sweat and all my symptoms seem to go away until I relax for awhile and they come back.  There are times when I feel like I simply am going to loose it and just pass right out.  I don't feel any fainting spells just feel like I am going to fall over.  My blood pressure has been good usually around 120/80.  The last few days maybe has been a little high but at night when I relax it comes down as well.  I do drink about 3 or 4 drinks a day for many years and I actually feel somewhat better after a few, but not great.  Can anyone offer some help.  My doctors are scratching their head.

Thaks
Have yoou seen ent? and let them do an emg test? which test several areas or nerves in your brain (and eyes). If you ears are part of it you will have spinning. How blurred is your vision?

I have beeen headinf with double vision, whihc comes and goess out. The initally diagnosed me with optic Neutitis - did  i v presdizone 3 days a then went to oral- now I am much worse than before. Initally my lymp nodes swelled up on my right side face neck arm under are and arm swelled. Severe headache vomiting - (I get migrianes so I took pheregan and tylenol 4) and wehn back to bed. The weird thing was that I was running a fever 102.3, lasted about 3 days have kids thought viurus..

Then it really hurt to move my neck in any directtion ( so any direction I guess tht ruled out menengitis)- I now have hand temors - facial numbness both sides  my eyes are swollon (not on presdiszone- beside habd taken it for Rhematoid Ath. before never had any swellin in use in hte past ten years-

I have aheache that wull not uit in my right eye- ( the one with optic neurtitis) and ringing in my ears, when I stand up I can't hear for a few seconds or longer same is true if I bend over. Top of my head hurts, I have feeling in like bands- they tell me
There is a freind of our family that has all the same symptoms that you described in this posting.  Did you ever get an emg done?  And what were the results?  Or have you been diagnosed with something else.  My friend too has had many tests.  And so far nothing explains his fatigue, dizziness, headache, and neckpain.  Any information you could give me would be so helpful and appreciated.  Thank you

Jeannene
It sounds like MS to me.  I have MS and it was dizziness, nausea, fatigue and headache that led to my diagnosis.  I felt drunk every day for 5 weeks.  My MRI showed lesions in my brain and spinal cord and a spinal tap revealed ogliconal bands in my spinal fluid.  What does your neuro say?
Sounds like possibly Arnold Chiari Malformation. Unless you point it out on an MRI, the doctors won't bother looking for it.  And, even when they see it, most doctors will say it has nothing to do with your conditions.  Try the yahoo group WACMA or go to the WACMA (world arnold chiari malformation association) and check it out.  Get onto WACMA yahoo group and ask your questions there!!   You'll be surprised that nearly all of the folks there, all across the USA have your very symptoms.
Have you checked out lyme disease?   All of your symptoms could be lyme.  I have met many who were told it was MS and had brain lesions, stiff neck, dizziness, drunk feeling and it was really lyme.

Once treated by an ILADS trained doctor, they got better.