Neurology Community
dizziness,sinus pressure,brain fog,headaches,unstableness

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Hello, Ok I started with all these symptoms over 20 yrs ago and started back then the whole dreadful  journey of allergy docs,ents,neuroligist,primary care and on and on. Had all kinds of ct scans,mri's eng tests allergy test xrays you name it I had it blood work ect and everything was normal.Except for the way my head feels which is far from normal.  I have had some of these symptoms off and on for the past 20+ yrs but this past year has been the worse. I started with a very bad head cold which settled in my sinuses with a sinus infection and what the allergy doc called mucus ears. Which I guess meant fluid in both ears. I started having dizzy spells which went along with pressure in my head and face and ears. I have been on antibiotics and prednisone off and on the past year. nasal sprays,decongestants,antihistimines mucinix you name it I've tried it!! They  seem to help at first and then they stop working, I am a Med Receptionist and have taken a few of these dizzy spells at work  and as a result of that I am always anxious at work which always makes my head worse. It has gotten worse the past couple of months which now I figure is my allergies. I also have degenerated disc disease and  suffer from back and neck pain but do get adjustments from a Chiro. I sometimes wonder if the dizziness is from my back and neck? These are both chronic conditions that make life unbearable at times. I am tried of trying to explain to Doctors about these symptoms as no one understands. I have  just seen another ENT  doc from Mass Eye and Ear who are suppose to be the best around and he made me feel like I was wasting his time. He said I maybe suffering from silent migranes (migraines)?? I'm tried of Doc's guessing at what this may be. I feel like my world is moving all the time and it's a ride I wish would stop so I could get off!! . My family and friends are great and they listen to me but don't know what to do for me any more than I do. My PCP said she thought I was depressed and has put me on Zoloft for depression. I told her I'm not depressed I'm disgusted and discouraged and just want my head to feel normal and not lightheaded and dizzy with brain fog all the time!!!!  I love my job but have had to take a leave of absence to see if I can get some answers. If you have any for me please let me know!! I'm curious to see if anyone eles out there is going through this!!! It's something you won't understand unless you are!!        Tired
Hey i'm sorry to hear about your symptoms as they are tough to deal with.....I have also been experiencing some of the dizzy brain fog issues that you are dealing with. I am convinced that my symptoms have developed over the past 7 months due to an anxiety attack that caused me to put a lot of pressure on my left temple and after i released the pressure I felt a sharp pain on the top of my head....this sharp pain re occured daily after that night for months...i was freaked out but didnt do anything to help the pain I just thought it would go away which is had but not before a slew of symptoms...2 months after that night my entire body felt very warm and had tingling pin/needle throughout my body...then the sharp pain started to go away as my temple started to twitch and felt all tight and sore...then the sharp pain turned to a dull pain and my entire temple and left side of face feels numb almost and using facial muscles is more difficult...the top of my head is sensitive to touch and i can almost feel where the pain used to be as it is very tender in the spot...then the tingling and pins and feeling hot stopped but muscle spasms and twitching started throughout my body first in my elbow tendons then my knees....these jerks are worse at night and my neck will snap back or whole body will jolt this has recently started during the day.....and the dizziness/off balance brain fog is the worst symptoms by far....I can sympathize for you because I kno how terrible it is....when I walk around its like my senses are dulled and my head is numb almost i feel a little off balance more as if Im drunk and high even though im not its a terrible feeling...like i have the flu or something eventhough I dont...mri is clear cat scan ekg bloodwork.....you tell people and their like your crazy theres nothing wrong with you, and they have no idea what its like....im convinced that I have nerve damage and i try telling myself over and over that my mri was clean but it doesnt change the way I am feel physically and mentally....I am worried that the dizziness will get worse and worse because I know that nerve damage is progressive... As for the dizziness I read that ginger is more effective than dramamine and other motion sickness drugs....i also found some exercises for vertigo/dizziness at sitandbefit.org/exercise_for_dizziness_and_vertigo. So im going to try this stuff you should too...I had an eeg of my brain done on tuesday and hopefully that will give me some answers as I do not feel that all of my symptoms are being caused by anxiety especially when i felt that sharp pain on top of my head and my temple has taken a while to heal from the pressure I applied to it that night...Im inclined to think its more serious than other think. I hope that you find some answers as we both dont feel like we used to and people dont understand that....i am catholic and always took for granted prayer and being religious until this happened to me...its very interesting how readings from the rosary talk about how Mother Mary suffered as Jesus was being killed and the many years after he died until she was brought to heaven when she was in her 60's. She talks about suffering and how you must take your suffering with love and take it for what it is...also offering your suffering up to God so that he can use it to help others. I guess the better we take our suffering the better we will be rewarded for it. I hope I have provided you with some insight. Keep in touch on any findings or diagnosis as i will do the same!