Neurology Community
dizzy, head pressure and blurry vision

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

dizzy, head pressure and blurry vision

I'm a 21 year old female in relatively good health. For the past 3 years I've been having mini episodes off and on. Sometimes a month will pass and nothing happens, and then I'll have one and a couple of days later I'll have another. They last for a couple of seconds. a dizzy feeling washes over me, I get this pressure in my head, and then my eyes become blurry, like tunnel vision. If My head is turned or I move my eyes during an episode it seems worse.  

I have a very fast pulse and high blood presser from time to time. I take medication for it- Atenolol. But I've had my blood pressure taken after one of the episodes and it was fine. I also have anxiety issues- I take Xanax for it, but it doesn't feel like an anxiety attack. My anxiety attacks happen when I'm in a car or in a very crowded room.

Its strange the episodes happen at varying times or situations, the first time was when I was in high school- about to eat lunch and it happened. I was scared so I went and had my blood pressure checked, and it was fine. It happened several more times. Then Last year I remember one time I has in the campus library, I had a couple of books in my hand, it came over me and I had to sit down. Then today at my house, my uncle came an visited and left- I sat down on the couch and a minuet later it happened. I cant figure out what is the cause-Most of the times I can shake it off quickly- but the 3 incidences above were some of the strongest.  can you help me?