dizzy after head injury
5 days a go I tripped and fell (rather stupidly) and banged the front of my head. I had a wound which bled for about half an hour afterwards and a large boggy bump. I did not lose conciousness and had no other symptoms for the first 24 hours. About 36 hours later I woke up with 2 swollen and black eyes. 2 days after that I have started with dizzy spells. It seems to be positional, such as if I move my head back or to one side quite quickly or stand up quickly. The whole room spins and I feel like I'm going to fall over and sometimes have to hold on to to something to steady myself. It seems to pass fairly quickly. There are no other symptoms other then what might be described as mild nausea but not bad enough to stop me eating! I'm a 33 year old female in good health. Should I be worried and do I need to go to the doctor or will it pass?
Go to the doctor. Get checked for a hematoma. Better safe than sorry.