dizzy laying down
I am a 46 yo male.  I'm a little overweight, but nothing serious and my clothes appear to fit fine.  In fact, most people look at me and think that I work out, but I haven't actually worked out in over a year.  About 4-5 months ago, I layed down in my bed and the room started to spin.  This concerned me quite a bit and it lasted for several days.  Since I already had a previously scheduled doctor's appointment for a routine checkup, so I told him about my dizzy experience.  He looked in my ears and said nothing appeared out of the ordinary, and that was pretty much it.  Fortunately, the dizzy experience only lasted a few days and I have been fine since.  

About 2 weeks ago, I started having the dizzy experience again.  Unfortunately, it's been occurring every day and it mostly occurs when my head goes horizontal.  I'm very concerned about this.  Can you provide some insight and guidance for me please?

This discussion is related to i am worried that my dizziness could be a serious brain disorder.
U can have vertigo...try taking OC meds for motion sickness...it will help as well as raise the head of ur bed.....there r several conditions that can cause this BP....google "dizziness explained"  I believe u may find some answers here!

Good luck
Godspeed
"selma"
In all due respect, Selma, he shouldn;t just take meds! Meds are only good for managing symptoms. You need to attack the cause. There may be a more serious cause of you dizziness that you need to address. It could be an infection or disorder of the inner ear.

You need to see an ENT (Ears, Nose, Throat doctor). And *do not* just let them give you drugs. Ask them to give you a test(s) if need be to correctly diagnose this thing. Then find out if there are things you can do to speed up recovery. Often, for disorders, there are many physical therapy exercises.

I have a vestibular disorder and know how much it can hinder your life. But don't let it take control. Find out the cause and work toward better health. You can beat this (and the sooner the better).

Good luck!
Kevin