Neurology Expert Forum
do i have a tumor?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

do i have a tumor?

i am 15 and i have black outs,my eyesget big and small when they're not sappost to,and they can be different sizes at the same time. my doctor says the only thing it could be is something sciologicaly tramatic has happend to me but nothing did
AND he wont do a MRI to see if maybe i have a tumor  and ive been to two ther doctors who(even thought they didn't do an MRI but saysby my sypmtoms) also say its a tumor.
what i want to know is what do you think?
Related Discussions
Thanks for using the forum. I am happy to address your questions, and my answer will be based on the information you provided here. Please make sure you recognize that this forum is for educational purposes only, and it does not substitute for a formal office visit with a doctor.

Without the ability to examine and obtain a history, I can not tell you what the exact cause of the symptoms is. However I will try to provide you with some useful information.

I am not sure what you mean by blackouts, but if you mean that you have episodes of loss of consciousness, what is medically termed syncope, there are several potential causes to this. A tumor in one specific area of the brain is one possibility, but there are several other more common causes, such as heart disturbances which even in a young person can lead to syncope. Seizures can also lead to syncope-like episodes. 20% of the population have some difference between the size of their pupils, and this varies with the amount of light in the room at the time of assessment of the pupils. Changes in pupillary size have several causes; in some people this is physiologic (what is termed hippus) in others, asymmetry of the pupils can result from  what is thought to be prior viral infection (Adie's pupil).

I can not comment on whether or not you have a tumor or what the cause of your symptoms is without being able to examine you and obtain a full history. Follow-up with your pediatrician (with further testing and referral to a pediatric neurologist or cardiologist as indicated (depending on what your exact symptoms are) and as deemed appropriate by your pediatrician) is recommended.

Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions, I hope you find the information I have provided useful, good luck.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank