Neurology Expert Forum
double crush c-8 radiculopathy
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

double crush c-8 radiculopathy

I am a 37 year old male who was injured on his job. I have had 3 operations
   carpel tunnel, decommpression of nerve and release of nerve in the elbow.
   I still have pain in forearm elbow ring and little finger. my dr. who has been great says I have a doublecrush syndrom (syndrome). my EMG shows c-8 radiculopathy.can you tell me  more about double crush syndrom (syndrome) and c-8 radiculapthy. I still have alot of pain and weekness in right hand and arm.
    Thank you for your time
Related Discussions

_
The Double Crush Syndrome is really a theory of why some studies have shown an increasd amount of carpal tunnel syndrome in patients with certain root compressions in the neck - the 6th and 7th cervical (neck) roots which will go on to help form the median nerve (the nerve affected in carpal tunnel).  Some think that the compression or "crushing" of the roots in the neck make the distal nerve more susceptible than it normal would be to relatively mild compression at the wrist thus producing carpal tunnel.  Others have felt that both root disease and carpal tunnel are both common and coexist by coincidence.  Others think there is a higher coincidence but it's not due to carpal tunnel but other factors e.g. arthritic disease.  This "double crush syndrome" is best described by its proponents on carpal tunnel syndrome, but in theory could apply to the C8 (8th cervical root) and compression of the ulnar nerve at the elbow. From your symptoms, this could be what your doctor is describing.  It's just a theory and really doesn't help you from a practical view - root disease and ulnar nerve compression can be diagnosed separately and are treated individually if necessary. Hope this was of some help.

Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...