Neurology Community
drooping shoulder
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

drooping shoulder

I underwent a first rib resection 4 months ago, in an effort to try and deal with effort induced thombosis of my right sub-clavian vein. Since the operation, my right shoulder has been weakened.  Saw a local nurologist who suggests one muscle 'scapular'? not getting a signal, and the latisimus dorsi partly disrupted.  weakness is really more with my arm extended forward, however.  shoulder droop is maybe 2 centimetres now.
Prognosis?  Should I be insisting on an MRI?  is there surgical opportunity to try and resotre the lost nerve function?  How long does atrophy take to fully present?

thanks for any advise you might be able to offer.