Neurology Community
dry eyes

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

dry eyes

I woke up and  could not open my eyes. I took a shot glass and filled it with tap water and put it up to each eye enabling me to open my eye. My husband thinks I should have just forced my eyes opened.  What  would happen to my eyes if I tried to force them open with the aid of fluid.
Tags: dry eye
Hi there!

It is ok to dab the eyes with clean water; while inability to open the eyes or excessive discharge could be a sign of infection and may required an evaluation by a primary care physician or an ophthalmologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!