Neurology Community
dull spot chronic left calf pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

dull spot chronic left calf pain

I have a dull low intensity all time chronic pain that can be pin pointed coming out of a spot. Years back I got tested and nothing could be found.

The pain is sometimes distracting. It is only in left calf ( approx half way between knee and feet on back of my leg). The pain increases if I walk a lot >2km but not always. The pain is not from skin surface. I can feel it is inside. There is no swelling. But by pressing with my hand I can feel something is bit hard inside the leg at that spot (this can be 50% imagination) . The epicenter of pain spot is very precise. Trying to feel it makes pain worse. pain is present 24Hrs.
I too have the same type of calf pain.  I'm 22, and have had this pain since I was in my mid to late teens.  I have no idea how it started, and like you the pain is deep and can definately be pinpointed to one small spot.  The spot does feel hard, so I don't think that part is in your mind.  My worst fear has always been that it was a blood clot.  When I push on the affected calf, it feels different than the unaffected one, almost a fluid feeling although I don't think any fluid is built up there.  It does seem to get worse if I do more physical activity but the pain can be there any time at all.  I've never had it tested but I did see my Dr. about it and he felt no reason to run any tests.  Have you found anything out since your last post?