Neurology Community
ear pain with dizziness

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

ear pain with dizziness

i have ear pain but when i turn my head to the right i get dizzy but not on my left why is that

Dizziness that you describe is vertigo. Ear problems are the most common cause for this. Ear infection or Meniere's disease can cause this, with associated pain. In such cases, dizziness also is unilateral, i.e., dizziness can be felt when the head is placed to one side. This may be the side of the ear which is ainful or the other ear, depending on the part of the inner ear which is effected.

Though there are other causes of vertigo, like Benign positional vertige, central nervous system diseases, eye diseases- you seem to have one associated with er disease. You may therefore consult a doctor specialising in diseases of the ear, nose and throat, for evaluation and treatment.

Do get back if you have any other queries.

Regards,