electric shock sensation
I have been having this problem for a while.It doesn't happen every night.sometimes when i try to sleep,or when i wake and try to go back to sleep i get this electric shock feeling that is  mostly in wrist and tongue.does anyone know what cause these feelings?I have had other health problems,and had a complete stress test.It came out ok.
Hi.

Do these electric shock-like sensations occur anytime else? Do they interfere with your sleep?

If answers to both questions is no, the sensations may be nothing more than a physiologic phenomena which occurs in many people, although in different forms, and occurs especially when you are near sleep and something jolts you right back to an awakened state.

You could opt to observe these symptoms for the moment and see if they would become more frequent. If they do, it would be advisable then to consult a doctor to assess this symptom.

Hope this helps.
I also awake with an electric shock sensation shooting through my tongue.  I am curious if it has something to do with my sleep apnea and not wearing my cpap due to sinus issues.