Neurology Community
emg side effects

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

emg side effects

i got stung by a bee in the joint of my ring finger and have had severe pain and swelling for over two months>  anti_inflamatories have given only minor relief then i was scheduled for an emg test and walked in with unbearable pain and could hardly move my finger_ on the way out after the emg test I immediately felt releif. This is so hard tfor me to believe and am just wondering if this makes sense to anyone? my finger stilll hurts but no where near how bad it was. the swelling even was reduced and i know for sure it is directly related th the emg test!  
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

EMG is elicited by an electrical stimulus. The EMG signal is derived from the depolarization of the muscle membrane. Pain medications are given before the procedure sometimes, so this is unlikely to provide pain relief.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.