excess fluid on the brain
my father has been told after undergoing a scan that he has excess fluid on his brain. what does this mean ?
Hello broccles

It seems that your father is having edema in the brain. There can be multiple causes for the same. This might be due to infection, neoplasm, metastasis or severe trauma to the head. What is his age? What was the reason for the sacn? When was it done? Does his sensorium function like memory, reflexes are normal? Answers to these questions would further help.

Best

thanks for your quick response, my farther suffered severe headaches for about a week or 10 days. He spent most of this time in bet, without eating, lost 9kg, went to docs. who asked him what day it was and he didn´t know. He was sent for a scan which about 3 weeks later has shown this excess of fluids. since the scan he feels much better and has returned to work.

thanks

thanks