Neurology Community
eye/temple pressure with blurred vision

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

eye/temple pressure with blurred vision

For the past several days, I have has strange pressure and tingling in my right temple, accompanied by periodic blurry vision in my right eye, which occurred first when I was on the computer so I assumed my eyes were tired...but then it kept returning.  I saw my doctor, who sent me straight to the eye specialist, but he looked behind the eye, said there was no visible damage or swelling of the optic nerve, and pretty much dismissed me--he said to call back if it continues for several more days.  I do have sinus issues, night grinding, etc., but I have never experienced the pressure like this in my temple and the symptoms  certainly never manifested as blurry vision before, either.  I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this recently and whether sinuses can actually cause one-sided blurry vision.  My eye is uncomfortable (not painful exactly, but not comfortable either) and in general just feels strange.  I am terrified that the temple pressure is an aneurysm ready to blow; every now and again it will also "twitch" unexpectedly, for lack of a better word.  Any thoughts?
I have had headached like these before, and gone to dr's with same feeling of dread that something was going to happen.
Just thought I'd tell you what my dr. said, cant say for sure that this is the cause. He expressed that temple headaches are usually stress related (also escpecially if twitching occurs), wether it be life stress and just stress from computer i dont know. When i have experienced vision problems on one side only, it's always been migraine related. Dr. explained to me that migraines, when severe, can sometimes cause other effects, such as eye blurring, loss of sight, numbness or naustia. What happens is the pain is so severe that you dont even feel the actual "pain" your body just has an effect. Taking antiflamotory (motrin) with orange juice or a soda, to temporaily relieve symptom worked for me. Only because a migraine is some sort of imflmation of blood vessels. after taking the motrin and orange juice, i then felt the pain of the headache. But it's not a cure for ongoing migraines. I did see a neuroligist, and he seemed to think at the time, not reaching my deep sleep was causing migraines to occour. There is usually some kind of trigger for migraines, caffeine, smoking, no sleep, period, etc... Dont know if your vision blurring is this severe but just thought I'd tell you my experience.
Hi just a thought you might look into.  My husband one eye only was getting blurry on and off.  About two weeks ago his eyesight in right eye went off he sees blurry, warped and a dark spot. We went to a Retina Specialist who diagnosed him with Central Serous Retinopathy.  It is when a vessle in the eye is leaking fluid.  It clears up in about four months time.  The doctors see if it heals on its own, which in most cases it does.  It is has a good prognisis too.  (thankfully)  Just wanted to see if it is somehting you might want to look into.  But that is how my husbands eye problem started.  Nothing to be worried about as it is a definelty good prognisis.  Just in case you get blurry vision again.  You can go to a Retina Specialist and make sure they really look into your eyes.  By the way.  On the monitored eye forum you might want to post and see if anyone else offers advice, plus there are some people on there diagnosed with above.  
I dont know if there is a "typical" migrane (migraine). I would imagine that different people could have different effects. I know two bad episodes i had, were a little different from each other. Now i know some of the warning signs. But sometimes, they still just hit me out of the blue... I hope you feel better, I would chat with your dr and see what his take is..
Thanks for the feedback.  I hope my eye isn't leaking any fluid, but this would be infinitely better than an aneurysm, for sure--especially given the prognosis mentioned above (that it often clears up on its own)! The pain/pressure seems to intensify in stressful moments and when I concentrate on a computer screen.  Is it possible to have a migraine that doesn't feel like a typical migraine?  I've had those before and the rest of my head doesn't hurt the same way now...
Hi Mel.  You posted to my question as well.  Have you heard anything since then.  I have similar symtoms (symptoms) you feel.  Still have not had a diagonis.  I think some think its psychosymatic.  But I know this is real.  Does your temple pressure/pain start in front of your right ear and sometimes radiates upwards.  I also feel a strain on the same side but behind my ear down my neck.  I've been to the chiropractor and also neuro muscular massage.  They seem to think that stress is causing facial/cranial muscles to tense up and pull.  I think the facial and cranial massage works and yet sometimes aggravates it as well.  Please keep me posted as to your outcome.  I wish you the best.  Lizbeth71
Try to rub some aromatherapy oil into the temple to increase the circulation. I got nuckdusted in mine and got floaters. This cures it. Stress also stiffens the temples. Go for lavender and black pepper essential oils mixed at normal strength in a base oil. It might take about five one minute applications. This has sorted all my thickheaded friends vision problems out too.

Pete
Hello Just wanted to add that I am a 36 female with a sudden onset of the temple pain started as a headache then over a few days time just became a constant feeling of pressure in the temple I can also feel the pulse strongly on that temple . The vision also is blurred in that eye yesterday the vision was so bad I went to an ER with anurism fears I was given a CT scan and told it was normal but was suggested to see a Primary Car physician for a CT scan I am under a load of stress with family matters and have no idea when I can find and or see someone for a CT scan I am newly insured and have yet to set up a PCP but I wanted to add that I started with an uncontrollable eye twitch that went away then I consciously awoke to the temple throb and headache then the pain went to a constant daily dull pressure and now I have the pressure with blurred vision as well . I don't know about Sinus or allergy relation since I have only recently begun to experience what people tel me are allergy symptoms but if I had to guess It all began with the gret deal of stress I am under in addition to the allergy symptoms I recently started experiencing . I am hopeful for less stress soon and I wish everyone here relief from whatever the cause of this added stress is .
I am looking for anyone who has experienced temple pressure, eye socket pressure, and blurred vison and nothing has helped or what it is from?  Mine lasted 12 days so far and nothing is taking it away!
my mom had anurisum surgey back in september they removed 2 and clamped 2. just 2wks ago her temple collapsed it sunken in looks like someone hit her hard and dented in her face. how serious is this
I had pressure on my eyes and eye lids for about 9 years, so bad I had problems keeping my eyes open, so I saw about 7-9  specialist.  I had a crisis that sent me to intensive care for a week it was Mystamia Gravis.  In remission, I think.  Most doctors don't think of this disease and is on the rare side.  Linda
I was playing basketball and was struck on the left side of my temple. Soon as the swelling from that went down I started having blured vision in my right eye. Please if you have any suggestions let me know.