Neurology Community
eyeball spasm

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

eyeball spasm

My daughter is 16 year old and just started having the eyeball spasm last September and it occationally happen. This condition is associated with a headache sometimes or just a rolling eyeball for an eye and alternate with another eye. One time she was by the mirror and she saw her retinal gets bigger, as she explained that it looks like when the doctor dilate her eyes. We already went to the doctor, had an MIR and eye exam but nothing was found that need any further test. My husband and I just took her to another doctor for a second openion and he said it was a voluntary movement which is not pathological. He recommended to see a psycologist bu don't have to do another MIR because it will be negative again. Somehow, I have a dout in both of the doctor's results and I want to help my daughter but I just felt helpless for her.  What is the next step for this situation? What can you recommend for us to do? Please help her.

This discussion is related to flickering vision, pulsating eyes.

Thanks for writing in.
Since the eye exam is normal, the possibility of migraine needs to be looked into. Also because you have mentioned in your post that these eye spasms are associated with headaches. I would suggest you to discuss this with your child’s treating doctor and see if it helps. Let us know if you need more information.