Neurology Community
face numbness and headaches

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

face numbness and headaches

I have had numbness on the right side of my face and headaches generally in the same area around the temple for a year now. Originally I went to the dr. casue I had these same symptoms and went to the ER. They said that I had a slight brain hemmorage, but it was fine had a proceedure and nothing there. Got out of hospital then to neurologist, first one gave me medication depakoter and indocin to fix it and nothing happened. He then couldnt figure it out and referred me to another neurologist which said I was suffering from bad migranes (migraines) and it got out of control. She proceeded to give me indocin again and anti--depressent nortriptyline started at 5 mg and ended at 100 mg 5 to 6 months later. It didnt help either. In the process I had another lumbar puncture, CT scan, MRI, MRI angiogram of the brain to which they said nothing particular was wrong. The last neurologist said she didnt know what it is either and just referred me to a pain specialist. The numbness is still there and headaches also which seem to get worse from excessive physical activity or emotional/stress. The symptoms are the same as a year ago with no relief in site.