facial numbness and runny nose
My first symtom was a puffy right eye (edema) one morning.  Shortly afterward a numbness
starting at my right temple working its way downward to the center of my face (over about
a month period) .  The numbness then starting from my left temple downward to the bottom
and center of my face.  Now my eyes are still puffy in the morning, my face is numb from the
eyes down, my nose is constantly running, my mouth, lips, tongue and palette are numb.
It is difficult to eat.  I have had countless blood tests (all negative), 5 MRIs, 4 cat-scans,
a spinal tap and my eyes examined by an opthamologist---all negative.  After 3 neurologists,
an ENT, an opthamologist and a rheumatologist no cause has been found.  I've been
on prednizone, nortipoline, trileptal all of which were not effective.  I'm now on
gabapentin.  I've been on 3 different nose sprays for my runny nose, all ineffective......help

This discussion is related to Face Numbness.
I can relate..i've had a numb face for 9 months now..only on the left side..it's off and on but bloody annoying....lately i've developed pain especially when out in cold or in air conditioning..my face and side of head burn like they're on fire and throb..been to countless doctors..had a CT scan..dental xray and blood work to which they found nothing...getting very tired of it so i know how frustrating it is...believe me..i don't have a runny nose though but this whole thing started with what felt like a sinus headache that lasted for almost a month...then the numbness took effect
If you have not been checked for Multiple Sclerosis, it may be something you should bring up with your doctor. I have MS, and for the past month, the left side of my head and face has been numb. This has been accompanied by my left eye watering so bad I can barely see over half the time. If it is MS that has caused your symptoms, it would be wise for you to be aware of it so you can begin treatment. The longer you go without preventative measures, the more likely your symptoms could be permanent. I pray you find the reason for your issues soon, and that you recover fully with never having it return.