Neurology Community
facial tightness

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

facial tightness

For the past week I have been experience weird sensations near my eyes, ears, most facial structures. I experience a stifness and tightness around on my forehead; a pulling sensation on my right eye and cheek; right neck pain connected with ear and jaw. I would then experience sharp stabbing pain for 2 sec and its gone, but that is not frequent. I do not hold the phone to my right ear because it somewhat hurts the back of my ear. The pains are not unbearable which would unable me to conduct daily tasks, they are dull but they are there. It has become very nerve racking for me because I worry as to what it can be. I visited the doctor because I was told by many that it might be a simple ear infection, but when the doctor checked my ears, he said it was normal. I am 22 years old female and was always with good health. I have never had migraines, sinus problems, and such. I am scared and worried of what it can be. Can you please somehow advise me further.

Thank you for your time.
Go see a neurologist, without a referral if you have to.
I would go to another doctor for a second opinion if you really have to. Go to emerge or something. This is what I've had to do for my children when I've known something is wrong and the family doctor says there's nothing wrong. This past christmas, I had to take both my boys at separate times to emerge for the same thing. They both were put on antibiotics for bronchitis and even after 10 days of taking this med, they sounded horrible! I took my eldest son one morning cause he was having a hard time breathing. I took him to emerge and that doctor said that his infection was still really bad and he had a severe ear infection on top. Over all, he was on meds for 20 or more days straight. My baby ended up getting bronchitis which turned to pnuemonia (pneumonia). All because the peds dr didn't put him on strong enough meds for long enough.Get a second opinion.
if there is one thing i have learned is never wait to go to the doctor's even though you may think it is nothing . i can only tell you from my experience . i knew there was something wrong with me even though people and sometimes doctor try to convince you other wise.and i was right ,you know your body better than anyone else ,go by your instincts. i hope your problem gets resolved. good luck