Neurology Community
fatigue, headache with tingling scalp & vision problems

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

i'm 41 and generally in very good health.  nearly 4 weeks ago, i felt a sharp pain at the base of my skull on the left side of my head and then felt a bit light-headed afterward for an hour or so with some residual headache pain.  for about 10 days after, i experienced a fairly persistent headache in the same spot at the base of my skull on the left side with tingling and numbness which rotated around different parts of my head and face, sometimes leaving sore spots on my scalp which would fade away pretty quickly.  i also became more and more light-headed and experienced muscle weakness in my arms and legs and intense fatigue as the days passed.  my vision was also intermittently affected--things seemed blurred and i was having a lot of trouble concentrating; and when i would look at lights, they would sort of dim and brighten.  i went to both the ER and then to my regular dr. and had a cat scan which came back normal, and my blood work only revealed a pronounced vitamin D deficiency for which i have been given a 50,000iu megadose to take weekly over the course of 4 weeks.  (my vitamin d level is 16 and normal is between 30-75 according the the dr. and might be the cause of some of the fatigue).  my reflexes are super responsive and examination of my eyes revealed no abnormalities.  my dr. didn't feel referral to a neurologist was necessary and indicated that i could have some type of post-viral syndrome that might take weeks to resolve.

things seemed to be improving for the past several days, but today i have been incredibly fatigued, my upper right eyelid was twitching for a few hours in the morning, then my headache came back and now i am having numbness and and some muscle twitching in my left arm and leg.  my vision was also affected again with periodic flashes in my peripheral vision and sort of shakiness when i stare at something with a busy pattern.  i am feeling unnerved by all this and although i am trying to remember that my dr. told me not to worry, and that i was going to be fine, i am having trouble doing so.

any insight into what might be going on besides "post-viral syndrome"?
This sounds exactly like me so please keep me updated, Ive been to about ten different ers, have a referral to a neurologist but havent gotten an appointment yet. Been with it for 3 months now. Its very as you said unnerving, makes my anxiety act up but its cool because I know Ill be okay.