Neurology Community
feeling disconnected from the world & light headed, everyday.

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

hi! i'm not sure how long this is gonna be but bear with me please.
my name is becky and ever since january of 2013, if i'm in a place with too many lights or a lot of people or loud noises, or unfirmiliar places, i begin to feel light headed like i may pass out, and i also feel like the world isn't real and like i may die. this continues for the rest of the day after the incident, until i sleep it off.  
i went to a concert back in june of this year, and it happened there but once i went back to my hotel and fell asleep, it went away.
now, i went to another concert on august 8th of this year and it happened again and then i slept it off again that night. the day i came back home, i was fine and i relaxed the whole day. now it's august 21st and everyday since the day got home, i've gotten lightheaded and felt disconnected and like i was gonna die. from the 10 of august to the 14th of august, it happened at about 4/5pm. and it happened when i was inside talking to my friends, or when i was outside. i had to run home because i felt like i just needed to be home to stop this. and everyday since the 14th, it happens everyday. if i go downtown to price chopper or the dollar store at 9am, it happens at 9AM. if i go anywheres at noon, it happens at noon. i can't go outside my house. two days ago when i attemped to go out and do my daily run, i gor severly light headed and felt like the world wasn't real and that i may die and had to have my mom come pick me as i sat on the ground.
please, if you know anything that could be causing this please tell me.
other people my age go out with their friends to fairs, carnivals, shopping, and other places, and i can't. i physically and mentally can't because of this.
and i feel like i'm stuck. i don't see the point in living, if i can't live my life. i really need help. please.  

The symptoms you have described are very accurate symptoms of panic attacks.  Make an appointment with doc try some anti-anxiety medication etc or cbt (cognative behaviour therapy) it works well too.  Goodluck hope you feel better soon, its horrible to feel like that all the time but it can get better x
thank you so much for answering me back! i'll defiantly talk to my doctor about this, and hopefully it'll all get better. thanks again!