Neurology Community
feeling dizzy
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

feeling dizzy

i've been feeling incredibly dizzy and lightheaded lately. i've also been having headaches. when the dizziness hits it's like a slap in the face then my anxiety kicks in and it makes it 10x worse. at first i thought it was an inner ear infection. after a round of antibiotics and ear drops its still here! i know i have an impacted wisdom tooth and i've heard they can make you feel crazy but i'm not feeling any pain from it. what else could be causing this? i can't continue to live this way. i'm scared to drive or do anything feeling like i'm gonna topple over at any given moment. thanks in advance for your help!
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1268057_tn?1379102055
Have you had any vestibular testing done?  

And yes,  an impacted wisdom tooth CAN cause the problems you mentioned above, however, so can other conditions.  

Any other medical problems, i.e. high blood pressure?

Any scans done of your head?  

You definitely shouldn't be driving until this is resolved.  
Blank
3902387_tn?1348610204
i've had a ct scan done and everything looked fine. my bp and blood sugar is fine as well. i spoke to a friends husband (he's a dr) about it and he said it's anxiey. he said this because i said it even happens in walmart. lol. he said i'm just anxious around alot of people. i've never been that way but i understand new things can form and happen everyday. doesn't explain why it happens while i'm at home too! i can be home alone or with one or more people and it still happens.
Blank
1268057_tn?1379102055
Well, you need to have your physician thoroughly rule out it isn't anything else other than anxiety and just by someone stating it is anxiety and nothing else isn't being thorough.  I understand this person who stated it was anxiety is a physician, however he DIDN'T thoroughly assess you.  

Alot of conditions can mimic an anxiety issue.  Plus, this is something NEW for you and something you never dealt with before which would make me think this isn't pure anxiety, however, you could be experiencing anxiety secondary to whatever this is.

If this continues, you probably should have an MRI of the head/brain WITH contrast and vestibular testing done.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...