Neurology Community
feeling lightheaded

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

feeling lightheaded

what is the indication if a person experiences lightheadedness during postmenopausal period (Currently, 52 yrs old)? is this a normal problem? Thus it need serious medical attention? Is this connected to an eye problem probably due to aging?Please help..thank so much..
you need iron , and your vitamine B is too low
The vitamine B wont take if your iron is too low. Yes this is a normal problem. Doctors seem to over look that vitamine loss is a major problem. Especially if you are flowing very heavily
Take it from one who knows. I just turned 50 in July. I know the feeling quite well and had consulted the doctor who did nothing but say keep an eye on it. 3|4 of an hour later I was sitting by my homepathic consultant. He asked me how I was feeling and how was my menstal cycle. He tested me for both shortages. He said , take vitamine B and Iron. I also eat cornflakes in the morning for fiber/ and tomatoes are high on iron. Once you get your iron on track you will notice that you will be feeling much better!
Good Luck. xxx Threewheelmobile
I will agree with the above poster about physicians too often overlook vitamin and mineral deficiencies as being underlying causes for alot of issues/problems especially in regards to middle-aged women.    

I would recommend getting some basic labs done plus:b12 levels, thyroid panel, female hormone panel, vitamine d level and iron panel.  

What exactly are all your symptoms?  
I too have recently experienced much dizziness/light headedness last two months and my blood work is excellent, but my MRI shows the following, still investigating, going to a neurologist in a week.

Several punctate white matter hyperintensities on T2 weighted imaging are
distributed in a fashion that raise question for demyelinization and MS. No
evidence of enhancement is identified and the corpus callosum is spared. There is no associated atrophy.
Avatar dr f tn
Hello dear and welcome to the medhelp forum. Light-headedness could be a symptom of low blood pressure particularly if you have associated sweating, nausea, chest pain, this needs to be investigated immediately. Your hydration status, hemoglobin level, any pathological bleeding needs to be ruled out. Light-headedness could also result from side effects of antihypertensives and certain other medications. Consult a physician for assessment and appropriate management. Wishing you all the best.