feeling like you're being stung by bees and vey itchy
My son, who is 14 years old has been experiencing painful stinging sensation and severe itching all over his body when his body temperature increases whether from being in a warm room, out in the sun or doing any activity that causes his body temperature raise. He has seen his pediatrician, allergist, dermatologists, neurologist and rheumatologist; he has had extensive blood tests which has all come back negative with the exception of his vitamin d levels which are significantly low. This is expected since it's too painful to be in the sun. Low vitamin d is not the cause of the condition as he's on a high dose of vitamin d and it has stop the problem. The symptoms has caused him to not attend school as the schools are too hot for him to attend. His doctors are now suggesting the next step may be to have genetic testing done.
Anyone else experiencing this who can provide any information on this condition
My mother has this same condition. It is called ERYTHROMELALGIA... and she has to avoid heat. She typically only wears a vest in winter. If she wears a long sleeve coat she will overheat and the pain/itchiness will start up. Most of the time ( in winter ) she says she is cold ( her back and stomach) but there is nothing she can do about it. My youngest son also has some sort of issue as he overheats very easily and develops a rash and itchiness.
Please note, that I am NOT saying that your son has what my mother has. A doctor would need to diagnose him.
I should also note that many people with diabetes have skin issues as well, and it would be well worth it for him to be tested for that as well.
Please let me know what it is, what i find funny is that i have vitamin D deficiency, but cant take the high dose because I guess im allergic to it. Let me know if any of these sound familiar because at the same time the stinging has happened, ive had fatigue, weight gain and sweating (high body temp). Please let me know because then i would finally have an answer
Thank you for responding. One of the big problems with the condition he has is that there is no visible signs. No swelling, no rashes, no blisters. You only sees how he reacts when he's hot or when he's in a room, he just starts itching uncontrollably and start complaining of pain. He then heads for the fan or air conditioner and stands in front of it until he cools down.  He has seen a hematologist and still no diagnosis. Seems like we are at a dead end with no more leads or direction.