Neurology Expert Forum
femoral and sciatica nerve

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

femoral and sciatica nerve
I am dealing with sciatica and femoral nerve pain and it is making me disable to do any of my regular activity including cooking and and shopping.

I would like to know the specific exercise available for this problem. I tried all other exercise and that made it worse.
Thanks for using the forum. I am happy to address your questions, and my answer will be based on the information you provided here. Please make sure you recognize that this forum is for educational purposes only, and it does not substitute for a formal office visit with a doctor.

Without the ability to examine and obtain a history, I can not tell you what the exact cause of the symptoms is. However I will try to provide you with some useful information.

This question is probably best served in a physical therapy/sports medicine message board, however I will do my best to try and help you, assuming you have been correctly diagnosed with sciatica.  Exercises that stretch and strengthen the muscles in your lower back, abdomen, and thighs may help reduce your pain.  Specific exercises are Piriformis stretches, Stretching out your back, and hamstring stretches.  Great options to strengthen your muscles would be Pilates or Yoga.  Other simple ideas are to maintain good posture, and if your overweight, perhaps try to lose a few pounds to take the stress off that area.  

Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions, I hope you find the information I have provided useful, good luck.
Thank you for the answer. this condition occur in the result of entrapment of nerve in muscle tissue after lapratomy. I would like to know if femoral nerve and sciatica is treated or can ever curable in this condition?  also what to do treat femoral nerve?