fever after brain tumor surgery
  My father underwent a brain tumor(diagonised as benin meningioma) surgery 2 weeks ago.one day after the surgery he caught fever and the doctors said it was to do with infection in the blood  and urine as the blood count was above 15000 and the urine contained PUS cells.He has been given antibiotics for more than 10 days now and that has decresed the blood count and the pus cells .Though the fever upperlimits is come down to a range 99 to 99.8 F he still gets the fever a min of twice in a day that lasts for an hour or so.and when ever he get the fever he loses his ability to understand clearly to what is said to him and  he urinates on the bed too..but with no fever he acts completely normal.
* Can some one help me understand how normal this case is?
* how long wil it take for the fever to vanish if at all it is due to the infection?
* what else could be the cause of this fever? could it be caz of the surgerical procedure?
* what all should i ask the surgeons to check for?