Neurology Community
finger numbness and tingling sensation

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

finger numbness and tingling sensation

Recently I had a rather strange sensation of tingling in my fingers, I talked with people who suggested Magnism capsules.  That seemed to relieve it for a period, but soon after my index finger on the right hand became numb and the tingling moved throughout my arm to the very top.  Years ago I had a car accident and I was told that my 5 and 6 vertebrae was damaged.  I have since been o my GP the to physio and then for accupuncture. Non of these have given me relief.  It is two months of numbness now and I am at a loss.  Please help do you think it is something sinister or can I be helped
Cheers

It will help us to know the extent of damage and the location of 5th and 6th vertebra that were damaged in the accident.
A CT scan or MRI of spine will help in assessing the damage. If the damage is severe enough to cause nerve compression and physical therapy is not helping then surgery needs to be considered.
It is also important to rule out peripheral neuropathy due to diabetes and B12 deficiency and thyroid dysfunction. This requires a complete neurological work up so please consult a neurologist.
Keep us posted!