finger numbness
This guy put pressure on my pressure point between my middle finger and the ring finger about 4 days ago, and I still have numbness and when i run my finger between that area i get a tingling sensation. can you tell me if i damaged it or if i should see a doctor?

'Abnormal nerve sensations such as pins-and-needles, tingling, burning, prickling or similar feelings are all known as "paresthesias". Some cases are severe enough to be considered painful.

Paresthesias usually result from nerve damage due to pressure, entrapment, or nerve diseases. Continued nerve damage can lead to finger numbness and permanent loss of feeling. Any abnormal sensation needs medical investigation.

Distinction as to which fingers are tingling is important to diagnosis. The main fingers are more likely to be affected by conditions such as carpal tunnel syndrome. The 4th and 5th fingers are affected by the ulnar nerve, which can be interrupted by pressure at the elbow or the chest area (e.g. thoracid outlet syndrome).

Parethesias in the hands and fingers can also be caused by broader diseases such as peripheral neuropathy (more common in the feet but hands can be affected) and various others. Correct diagnosis of the causes of finger paresthesias is important and treatment can often reverse the damage. '

Consult your doctor for the symptoms you are having and post us if you need any other information.

Regards.