Aa
A
A
Close
finger twitching
About 2 months ago I woke up with little finger twitching on right hand.  Would only twitch in the morning for a few seconds, quit and then go again, but stopped within an hour or so.  Then quit all together.  Now I woke up and the thumb on my left hand was twitching and twitching most of the day off and on.  Please advise what I should do?
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1025211_tn?1251980752
It could just be a twitch which everyone gets once in a while. Since it is your health if you can find a doctor willing to diagnose you based on finger twitches..Yeah right ?
It's besst to get your diagnosis.

I'm not a doctor but I had a friend who had finger twitches and he was diagnose with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) or Lou Gehrig's disease which is a progressive degeneration of the motor neurons of the central nervous system, leading to wasting of the muscles and paralysis.

I think Michael J. Fox said his finger twitched before he was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease which is associated with degeneration of the basal ganglia of the brain and a deficiency of the neurotransmitter dopamine.
Comment
Cancel
1025211_tn?1251980752
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Hi,
There are many causes of finger twitching- Carpal tunnel syndrome, Cervical stenosis, Electrolyte imbalance, vitamin deficiency, Peripheral neuropathy, Multiple sclerosis, Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and many others. Please go for an MRI of the spine and X rays of the wrist joint. Please consult a physician and neurologist for the examination and diagnosis. Hope this helps you. Take care and regards!  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
finger twitching
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
Top Neurology Answerers
620923_tn?1452919248