Neurology Community
finger,wrist,forearm pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

finger,wrist,forearm pain

I had a burning, itching,tinggling, cramp like pain in my forearm below my elbow which then spread down to my wrist and then my fingers which resulted in my fingers bending and forming a claw like shape followed  by my hand bending towards my forearm. It occured in my right hand and my hand kept bending and bending until the pain was so severe i blacked out and was found by my partner on the floor, red faced and sweating alot and came too about 5 minutes after i was found. All i remember is the extreme pain and a loud buzzing sound in my ears and being unable to call for help, plus i used my left hand with all my strength to stop my right hand bending but couldn't stop it. Doctors said i had carpel tunnel syndrome and put my arm in a support and gave me quartozone injection which helped for a day or 2. 7 months later i had nerve conduction test and the problem was in my elbow and had ulnar nerve release operation which i was told was badly trapped and that i did not have carpel tunnel syndrome. Its been 4 molnths since my op and everything has been fine, i been able to go back to work, play with my kids, basicaly have my life back as i been so afraid of the pain coming back that i could hardly eat,sleep or do anything bar sit down and try to focus on something that i didnt think of pain, but now suddenly im getting pain again. I have strong throbbing pains in my wrist and very sharpe pains in my forearm which shoot down to my middle finger only and there getting stronger and after visiting the doctors was told it may be mild carpel tunnel syndrome and to wear a splint for 2 weeks which helps a little but when i take it off the pain returns quickly, especially at night. I should mention that i blacked out from same pain 8 years ago but thought nothing of it as i had been out celebrating a birthday and thought it was a cramp or possible dehydration, and had no pains or problems after that episode.Im 31 years old and played rugby for 21 years and previous jobs have all involved using heavy vibrating tools like saws, jackhammers etc so dont know if this has anything to do with my symptoms. I have no idea what to do and cannot afford another 7 months off work wearing a splint and am desperate to get my arm sorted and am 100% honest when i say i would rather have my hand amputated than live through the pain and nightmare 7 months i have had this year. My doctors really dont know what is wrong and just send me away with pain killers and a splint like before and even though they suggested mri scans and nerve conduction tests previously nothing has been done and i badly need help, by firstly telling me what exactly is wrong and then how it is to be treated. Also my blood sugar levels were fine and blood pressure excellent when checked by ambulace crew after i blacked out earlier this year.