flash of light
i was driving to work when i saw a bright flash of light up and over to my right. the flash was very bright and i felt disorentated for a few seconds
Hi there. You must seek immediate medical attention if you saw shower of floaters, spots and flashes. The sudden appearance may mean that the vitreous is pulling away from your retina or that the retina itself is becoming dislodged from the inner back of the eye that contains blood , nutrients and oxygen vital to healthy  function. a possible fatal complication is that when the retina Is  torn , the vitreous can invade the opening and push out the retina leading to detachment. Therefore, fix a quick appointment with the ophthalmologist. Take care.

I'm not a physician, but, do you suffer from headaches?  If so, you may have been experiencing some aspect of having the headache/migraine.  If not, it may be a good idea to seek help from either an opthamologist or neuroopthamologist.  Good luck.  Stay in touch.

Ellen
i think it was an anomoly in the area. have had no further trouble. the flash was like a flash from a camera. the disorentation i think was due to the intensity. i appreciate your information i will watch for further difficultys.
Hi there. I am glad to hear of the new development. The flash of light didn’t reoccur a positive finding again. Hope you don’t have it again. Keep a close watch and do post on this forum in case of any new development. Take care.