Neurology Expert Forum
fluttering sensation in my left arm

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

fluttering sensation in my left arm

I had a benign tumor removed 3 yrs. ago in my left armpit.  A month ago I began experiencing a fluttering sensation in that area which comes and goes throughout the day and lasts a couple of seconds.  I can't feel or see a muscle twitching, but it is an unpleasant sensation.  It feels like little feet scurrying or butterfly wings fluttering under my skin.  Could this be related to the scar tissue area?  It stays localized for the most part, but sometimes radiates a few inches down the inside of the arm.  Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Its possible that this due to irritibility of a muscle or nerve in the area of the resection - I ddon't know how extensive your surgery was or whether nerve or muscle tissue was removed.

It may be 'myokymia' which is described by patients as a rippling 'worm-like' sensation, but which is usually visible if present near the surface and is due to irritibility of muscle fibers

I cannot be sure, without seeing you or knowing more information

It might be a good idea to have another scan of the area, in case there is a return of the tumor causing the irritation

good luck