foci symptons of right frontal & parietal lobes, left lateral ventricle
My recent MRI shows "Several foci of T2 increased signal within the periventricular white matter with 2 large foci adjacent to the body of the left lateral ventricle with small foci involving the right frontal and parietal lobes. Foci of increased T2 signal in the high right parietal regaion involving sub cortical white matter."
What symptons would i have and what areas of the body/functions would it effect?
oops forgot I was diagnosed with MS in 2004
Hi, Thank you for your question. Your reports suggest that you may have white matter disease. In white matter disease or microvesicular ischemic disease of brain, pathology is associated with the brain white matter, either exclusively or in combination with grey matter changes. It occurs due to metabolism errors, exogenous toxins released by virus, autoimmune disease, leukodystrophy, demyelination, and radiation effects. Spasticity, muscle weakness, paralysis, hyper-reflexia and movement disorder may be the clinical features associated with white matter disease that need to be evaluated thoroughly. However, it is sad to say that there is no permanent cure but conservative treatment & physiotherapy exercises that would help you to regain your normal function and stopping the further progression of the disease. Please consult a neurologist in this regards. Hope this helps.
My Lesion Locations

04/92

Brain
white matter of the centrum semioval near the ventricles
( 2cm to 10 cm too many to count )

one lesion in the right anterior corpus callosum

right middle cerebellar peduncle at junction with the pons

Spine
C4-C5 Lesions

04/04

Spine
C4-C5 Lesions

Brain

cerebral hemispheres and posterior fossa ( minute to 1cm in size )

some lesions show central cavitation

radiations of the corpus callosum and the corna radiate bilaterally

optic radiations within the temperal and occipital lobes bilaterally

brainstem and cerebellar white matter

lesions showing enhancements located in the right parietal lobe of the periventricular white matter

05/10

Brain
new lesions located in the corona radiata

What do you make of this.?
DX with MS February 1992