Neurology Expert Forum
foot pain after knee surgery

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

foot pain after knee surgery

is it normal to have foot pain after knee surgery? my husband is having pain especially when stnding up and left leg/knee is hanging. its just the 4th day after the surgery. we have been following the instructions, iced and elevation.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Thanks for using the forum. I am happy to address your questions, and my answer will be based on the information you provided here. Please make sure you recognize that this forum is for educational purposes only, and it does not substitute for a formal office visit with a doctor.

Without the ability to examine and obtain a history, I can not tell you what the exact cause of the symptoms is. However I will try to provide you with some useful information.

I do not perform these surgeries and typically do not see patients for immediate post-operative pain. I would suggest that your husband contact the performing surgeon about his issues. I would recommend that he have an ultrasound of his lower extremity to ensure there is not a deep venous thrombosis, which is a common finding post-operatively and can cause pain.

Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions, I hope you find the information I have provided useful, good luck.