Neurology Community
foot vibration

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Viewing 201-278 comments:
Just started today in my right heel. Had my foot resting on the coffee table and told family someones phone was vibrating, then noticed no ones phone was on it. So weird, we'll see if it keeps going.
I posted on this very forum 7 months ago with my vibrating foot issues. Apparently it went away not to shortly after, but now it's back. Now it's in the heel and middle part of the left foot. Same symptoms as before which is a soft vibration every few seconds. It's completely painless, but annoying. Feels like my cell phone is in my shoe. I'm assuming it will go away just like it did last time, but I'm really starting to think I have some kind of nerve/vascular disorder. This is crazy!
My left foot has started the vibration today.  It has done it in the past but I can't remember exactly when or if I was stressed or anything.  I too thought it was my cell phone vibrating.  My vibration is not constant and it doesn't happen all day long.  It is pretty random.  It last about 2 seconds.  It might happen every 5 minutes or it might not happen for an hour.  No rhyme or reason behind it.  Glad to know I'm not the only one.  
I have had a pulsing vibration in the ball of my left foot (base of big toe) since yesterday afternoon. It started immediately after I got a flu shot in my left shoulder. Could be a coincidence I guess. I doubt it has anything to do with the vaccine itself since it began right away; if there is a connection it is probably just to being stuck with a needle.
I found this forum because I got up this morning with the most annoying vibrating at the bottom of my left foot. I feel it mostly in my heel and it comes and goes and if I place my foot in certain positions it goes away. (like resting my heel on the floor and raising my toes upwards) Propping it up DOES NOT HELP. Not painful at all, just annoying ! I went to the gym yesterday and did an intense aerobic workout then lifted some weights, but have been going to the gym for the past 3 months so don't attribute it to that. Argghhh.
i would like to know more about this
i would like to know more about this
hi there!
i fell vibration under my heels from almost last two yrs n its getting worse every day.i consult alot of doctors without any improvement.its really changing my behaviour and m getting anaxious all the time.m losing my patience to a great extent.dont know wat to do.anybody out here in discussion can help me plz plz plz.
***@****
my left heel had a vibration and it hurts when im on for a period of time will it go away on its own
About your heel pain, I severely bruised one of my heels years ago walking too long with not good enough shoes.  I didn't get any diagnosis, this is my own.  It didn't bother me after a while and only recently came back.  I now do stretching exercises which I found on line for heel pain and those have helped.  I also have some gel heel inserts in my shoes because I am a walker and hiker which help protect my heel.  I now can't remember which heel was the bruised one!

I awoke this morning to buzzing/vibration in the ball of my left foot.  It's quite regular, not related to heartbeat, or breathing, but has it's own rhythm.  It is particularly noticeable lying down or sitting, not so much walking or standing.  After reading some of these blogs I remembered I  have also had eye twitching in the past few days.  I see my chiropractor on Monday and am going to ask him about it.  I'm hoping after the adjustment the buzzing will stop.  I'll let you know.
i also feel vibrations in my left leg that only last a few seconds. They preceed earthquakes by two days or so. Never had this before. It started
about 4-5 months ago.
You may have a sciatic nerve problem in your lower spine. Google. it.
well i guess ive joined the club my left foot started vibrating 3 days ago the same way as just about everyone said vibrate for about two seconds nothing for three then vibrate for two over and over tryed  elevating my leg no change. Keeps me up at night. I too have herniated disks my chiropracter calls me "Hernia  Man" . I normally do alot of walking doing Building Maintenance
Hello, I'm a newbie at this, but i'm glad i'm not alone.  My vibrating big toe started about a week ago, and i asked my boyfriend if he could feel the vibrating, then finally realizing about 2 nights ago its ONLY in my big toe.  have many stomache problems and have been tested for MS about a year and ahalf ago, and everything has come back negative.  I have had ongoing IBS symptoms for about 8 years, and am a reasonably healthy young 35 year old female.  Chronic pain in back, legs, and fist sized spasms in my abdomen, also with distention in abdomen to the point of people asking me when Im due. (which btw you should never unless the person has made an announcement that they are pregnant LOL).  Anyway, if we could get an actual answer on what this is, would be great...or if its something to be concerned about.
Hope someone knows whats going on....
I have been having this occasionally foot buzzing, but today it has been on going for quite a few hours. I just had an xray done because I had been experiencing a strange pain and numbness in my toes. The PA that I saw suggested that it was maybe related to back pain. Well lo and behold I had been having back pain that I only really noticed when I got into bed and realized that my back was tense. So I would take some advil to relax it so I could go to sleep. She ended up diagnosing me with Degenerative changes consistent with aging process but nothing acute or impingement in spinal canal. She is recommending Physical therapy for Paresthesia of right foot/duration & modalitites. Today I noticed these strange foot buzzing but realize it has been going on for a bit. I am thinking that it definitely has some connection to this on my spine. I had an injury a couple of years ago that was muscular but wondering if it is all connected. What are you thoughts?//
Me too! Buzzing in the left lateral foot that is intermittent, not effected by position and no pain!
I am experencing vibrations in my left foot it started yesterday in class when we were doing percussions on our kidneys for nursing class.  Is this something serious I should get checked out or will it go away on its own
Not sure what it is called exactly but I have experienced the same thing in my feet.  One foot then maybe the other the next day and in random areas of the foot too.

This is what I found to make the sensations go away:

1. Lay on my back on either floor or bed.

2. Try to get my toes to point towards my head (without bending knees)

3. Hold that position for at least 10 seconds.  The back of my legs burned  because they were not super flexible.  When my legs needed a break I would take a 10 second break and repeat.

I repeated this for 5-10 minutes and waited to see if the vibrations were gone or were temporarily away.  If they were gone I would wait a few hours and do it a few more times.  If they were not gone I would do it for another 5-10 minutes.  It has worked for me everytime.
Wow, I was hoping it wasn't just my dilemma, but surprised to find it is so prevalent. Just woke up with this pulsing, vibration feeling in my right heel early this morning, and at first thought it was our small dog that was at the foot of our bed preening himself. Then, I realized, I was only feeling it in my right heal and not the left, even thought both feet were near the dog.
I'm a 56 yo male, 5'11" 160 lbs, take regular walks with my dogs, try to eat a healthy, well balanced diet regularly with plenty of salads and fresh vegetables. I have been having issues with what I presume to be arthritis in my right shoulder and I have had arthroscopic surgery to my right knee almost 30 yrs ago for a torn ACL. However, I do not take any prescription meds. I also do not have health insurance and am very concerned as a trip to the doctor for this is unlikely. I need to try some stretching and do some research about increasing the B12. Good luck everyone. Keep us informed.
So, since I am positive for Ankylosing Spondylitis this is normal?
I take Enbrel currently, and also Meloxicam for the AS.
A couple years ago, my calves went numb and freaked me out. I went to the chiropractor and after a session or two, it went away. I just recently realized that the floor is in fact not buzzing beneath my foot, my left foot is actually buzzing. I'm not even sure how long it's been going on, just know that it's been close to a couple weeks. I did start working out again recently and my shoulders and neck have been going out of alignment. Could be caused by the exercises or  the shoes, but I'm willing to bet it is a pinched nerve. I'm planning to head to my chiropractor in the next couple days cause the buzzing is driving me mad! If anybody is interested in my results, I'll post again after my appointment.
Hello, I had a similar problem.  Felt like a cell phone vibrating in my feet and ankles.  Had blood work done and found you my B12 was VERY low.  Might want to have yours tested!  Good Luck!
Levaquin can cause neuropathy. Look it up.
First of all-  I have an answer!  For many of you this may be something known as Paresthesia.  But please read the following info to see how i got this diagnosis.

Like everyone else on this blog, I too have experienced a vibration in the heel of my foot.  I had it 2 years ago but only for 2 days so I toughed it out.  Last Friday it started again and lasted for 6 days!  It was (as you know) driving me insane.  I went to a doctor and he basically told me he did not know what it was or what I should do but that if it didn't go away in 1 week, to call him and he would prescribe prednisone(sp?).  

I then made an appointment w/a podiatrist.  Fortunately, before my appointment I ran into a friend of mine who is a Chiropractor and he knew immediately what it was.  In my case, he knew I was very athletic and began asking me questions if I had changed my routine any.  I had.  I had began running a lot more and even bought new running shoes (Nike Free Runs +2).  I had changed shoes because my old pair (Nike Shox) were 3 years old.  Basically what happened is although the Nike Shox are supportive, they are not a good running shoe and do all the work for you. When I changed to the Nike Free Runs, which are made to allow your foot to do all the work (almost like running bare foot), my foot went into shock from doing movements and experiencing pressure that it never had before, which irritated the nerves. To make a long story shorter, my vibrations were caused because of a few things.  First, I had a fallen arch in my left foot (the foot that vibrated) and he noticed that right off the bat.  Secondly, he asked to look at my running shoes and sure enough, I was not running correctly.  I was putting all my weight on the left side of my left foot and on my pinky toe instead of my big toe.  This causes in-compartmental pressure which is basically the over irritation of nerves and that is what causes the vibration.

Whether or not running causes your vibration or not, it is certainly a nerve issue and I would meet with a Chiropractor to figure out what has happened to cause it.  More importantly, there is a treatment!  My Chiro did  something called Ultrasound on my foot!  It is basically a wand or laser that releases energy and heat into your foot to stop the vibration.  My vibration stopped about 5 or 6 hours after my 1st treatment.  I went for a 2nd treatment even though the vibration had completely stopped just to be sure.  Also, he mentioned to me that B12 is something that will aid in the subsidence of the vibration.  After my 1st treatment I bought the B12 and plan to stay on it.  

In the meantime, I am to avoid running for another 5 days or so just to avoid irritating my foot.  My chiropractor has been in contact with a Neurologists the entire time and the Neurologists has not only confirmed my Chiropractors diagnosis & treatment, but is sending him info on a brace I can wear when I run to avoid future vibrations.

That may be be the answer for me,because I just bought a new pair of Reebok running shoes similar to the nike free runs and BAM!! foot vibrations thanks
This is so interesting!!  I like most of you also just noticed the same weird vibrating sensation in my bottom right foot.  Like everyone else, it's not painful, just unusual, and a little distracting.  I thought it may be because of my inactivity of late.  I am usually a 3 times a week gym guy, but lately I've been 3 hours on the couch guy.  Maybe I'll try a multivitamin with B-12 and get back in the gym.  
Cheers!!
Tonight, the bottom of my left foot started to vibrate. Its cyclical.  Vibrates on and off every  2 seconds. It doesn't matter what position I'm in.
I'm a healthy 60 year old male, not overweight, moderactively active.
Any ideas
I LOVE this site! - you people, that is - for sharing your experiences of what seems to be a really common problem.  So glad everyone is here to help each other.

I'm 59, male, about 7 pounds overweight.  Mine started in my left ankle about 5 days ago... that cell-phone7  feeling.  Having had a heart attack 7 years ago - plaque in the arteries near the heart, a piece broke off led to total blockage, please to say I'm still here (now with three stents, still under warranty, I hope :-)  --- but getting a bit paranoid this vibration was being caused by a clot.  Went to a doctor yesterday... he felt the pulse in my food by feeling an artery on top of it - "excellent".... bent my ankle -- no pain, no swelling...  Just that recurrent regular vibration that so many here are reporting.  He told me to put my leg up for the rest of the day and he'd call me tomorrow...  it did make a difference, but it came back when I started walking around - no pain in walking though.  

I also thought I might have irritated the Achilles Tendon because three weeks ago, I doubled my daily walks from 45 minutes to 90 minutes... and for many of those walks had worn shoes that hurt my ankles - the right one primarily... and I did not do warm-up or stretches first, as I should have... but the pain would go away within about 5 minutes of stopping that vigorous walking... but maybe the effect was cumulative?  

Like many of you, I've been searching online for answers....  What seems to be a possible explanation...  The doctor on the following site says it is PARESTHESIA - which could be something to do with CIRCULATION or NEUROLOGICAL…  should be tested by a neurologist…    Here’s the thread:  http://www.justanswer.com/medical/3ywru-vibrating-feeling-left-leg-near-ankle.html  

But here's the thing for all of us - Paresthesia seems more a symptom of 25+ possible causes.....  Here a a site on Parethesia
http://www.paresthesia.net/

My doc said it could go away on its own.... so I'm just not going to "push it"... and just to lead my normal life (but cut back on the walk and ditch those shoes) ... and listen to my body for the next week or so.... and I'll get back to you.

I hope each of you is finding some relief and hope....
Hi Guys,
Experiencing the same thing here. On my left foot. Feels almost like an electric shock but not painful at all. its pretty much every 2 seconds, and im glad to know im not alone. Ive been on somewhat bed rest so i havent really been doing my usual walking. I cant sleep at night because its constantly there and have been researching online. I know that I am anemic and for the most part do get some tingling, but this just feels different. Exactly what you are all describing. Its scaring me and like most of you dont have insurance to go get it checked. Any new developments??
I'm having the same exact thing that just started.  Vibration in my right heel every 10-15 seconds and lasting about 4 seconds each time.  No pain.  Very weird
Mine just started 15 mins ago. I have so many chronic health issues but it still took me a few minutes to realize the vibration I was feeling 'in the floor' was actually my right foot. I don't know what set it off. I have CRPS in both ankles, elbows, and right shoulder. Diabetes. SLE. Spinal cord damage just a ton of stuff so its always difficult to pinpoint a cause in my case. Now that I've elevated my foot the vibrating has lessened quite a bit. I'm very accustomed to dealing with chronic health issues so if this continues it won't be that big of a deal unless its something bad....worse than a lupus flare or worse than CRPS or worse than quadriplegia, or worse than Raynaud's. Worse than MRSA. Anyway you get the picture. I will start taking B12 and check out some of the info provided here. Its just a very weird feeling isn't it and totally unexpected.
hi am a 31 year old male an i been noticing allot of discomfort on my foot especially on my heel when i looked it up it said that thous pain are caused from planter fasciitis and heel spurs an now am feeling a like cell phone vibrating on the bed feelings but on the bottom of my foot.the thing is that i am exercising my foot also icing it down an stretching it out but am thinking it could all be that it's inflamed just need to keep icing it down an stretching it out.
I have also been having weird vibrations in my left foot.  For the past several days, I will get a few seconds of vibrations, but about 5-6 sets of vibrations per minute.  No pain at all, almost a ticklish vibration.  So strange.  I'm overdue for a regular exam soon.  I'll let you know if I get any answers.  Oh yea, I'm a 53 year old woman
I have had the same tingling/buzzing in my right foot, on the sole of my foot, for the last 4 days. I can't imagine what it could be. I had a CT recently that showed I have 4 bulging discs in my lower back & I suffer with miserable back pain often.  Does anyone know if these conditions could be related?
Left foot started vibrating today. 31 year-old female. With colitis and experimenting with different foods to ease it.

I believe this is a nerve problem set off by a change in physical habits plus a change in nutrition. For me, I'd been physically inactive for three weeks, then I had family visiting, and was very active for 3 days, and am now back to my lethargic state. During the time they were here, I'd go walking for hours with them, and I'd also skip my regular regime and feed on whatever is available for the whole family outside.

Coinciding with this, I've started breakfasting with tamarind and cut off dates from my breakfast. Tamarind is high in minerals, and dates are high in sugar. I'm very sure that this is related to the issue.

I speculate that after my body is reassured of going back to the general normal physically and nutritionally, this vibration will end.
Have had this on and off for the last 3 years. Currently going through another spell of it (a couple weeks now). Now doubt it will subside again.

Currently its moving positions on both feet. Can all but disappear when I'm relaxed and be absolutely crazy after I've been walking.

So difficult not to fixate on it, because its there, just buzzing away all the time!

Whats most frustrating is that there are so many accounts of people having experienced the exact same thing all over the internet, yet no one seems to a real idea as to what its caused by!

*sigh.
Hello All

The vibration sensation you have been feeling in your feet is likely due to the muscle twitches.

This can happen due to:

1. Dehydration

2. Mineral deficiencies like sodium, potassium, magnesium, calcium, zinc etc.

3. Prolonged standing causing 'fatigue' in the muscle group

4. Neurological ---due to the compression of the nerve supplying the muscles in the foot. This can happen due to long standing, arthritis of the ankle joint or at your lower back ( lumbosacral region).

Please drink plenty of fluids ( fruit juice, gatorade), give rest your foot, use soft cushion in your shoes to reduce impact in your feet.

You can also do some stretching exercises of the feet.

I totally agree with you what is happening to my left foot. It started up two weeks ago. I noticed when I take long walks, that when I get home and sit down, it starts up again. I sure need some help.  It's driving me crazy. I don't have any back problems and I'm 5"4 and 115 pounds.
I do put Eucalyptus oil on my foot and that does help, for a while.  Let me know if you find anything out..
I have had vibrating in my left foot after walking. I found a solution.
after walking, I put eucalyptus oil on my foot and massage it. It stops the vibrating.  Just keep doing it, it works!!!!!!
I was wondering if any of you had that sinus flu that went around last year.
I had knee and ankle problems after that flu and weaken legs. It went away but then the next thing that came up was the vibrating feet. I was wondering if any of you went throught the same thing before the vibrating feet started up>
After I walk, I rub my feet with Eucalyptus and it stops it until I walk again. It really does help.
Did B-12 work?
What Dr. gave you the ultra sound. I would like to go and get it done for me too. I'm tired of my life foot vibrating every time I walk.
I have had lower back pain for the last 3 days and started with this strange pulsing vibration feeling in my right foot last night.....could these be related? Im also getting a strange feeling in my right thumb.....very odd? I'm 40 and healthy so a little worried.
If you rub your foot with Eucalyptus oil, it will stop the vibrating. It will start up again, but every time for me it seems to get a lot better. I also have been taking V.B12 good luck.
The vitamin B-12 helps, but theEucalyptus really stops the vibration until I walk again. It seems to getting better each day.
I have not had a ulta sound.  That was the other guy that went to the foot Dr. and he really helped him. I would like to know the Dr. name?
Like everyone else, I'm very thankful for everyone's posts.  Took days to realize it was my foot vibrating and not the floor.  It's always my left foot, and it's been occuring for several days now, at least 6 times a day.  I recently took up the sport of golf, which I know to many may seem to be one of the least active sports, but I do find myself using muscles that haven't been used in years.  It was suggested that I ride my bicycle to strengthen my leg muscles since I practice my swing on a regular basis now.  So I've been riding daily.  Based on all of the posts I'm reading, I'm thinking there must be a correlation here.  I'm a 34 year old female, and I guess I will just get used to this new strange sensation unless it becomes more than bothersome.  Good luck, everyone!
Consider yourself lucky with just 6 times a day. At its worse mine will buzz 10 times a minute!!
I am a healthy 53yr old woman with a 35yr old leg injury/issue, but don't believe this to be a factor since the vibration occurs mainly in my "good-leg's" foot.  
I have been having the same symptoms in my right and sometimes left foot, Not specifically toward the heel or toes, but more generally in the middle of the bottom of my foot, around toward the outer-right side.  
Like everyone else, thought I was going crazy.  Then, thought perhaps my foot fell asleep and was trying to awaken, even though I was not sitting in a position for this to occur.  
After reading everyone's comments, for me, I'm leaning toward the dehydration/mineral/vitamin deficiency.
I live in Southern AZ and the temps have been into the 100's day after day.  I also perform some work in the field (outside) in these temps, for extended periods of time.  Although I drink plenty of water, I don't consume enough nutritional vitamin packed foods to compensate for the fluid loss from sweating profusely while out there each day.
Even though some have pin-pointed shoes/sneakers etc as the culprits, I don't believe this could really be the cause.
I hope everyone finds their own personal cure for this annoying symptom!
GOOD LUCK!
I'm no expert on the situation, nor do I have any type of medical training. What I do have is bulging discs L2-L3, L3-L4, & L4-L5 and a herniated disc L5-S1 in my lumbar spine area. What I have experienced from this is pressure on my Sciatic Nerve causing pain from my lower back and down through both feet. This pain is consistent as is a vibration in my right foot. My left foot will on occasion but, a I said, it is constant in the right. So it is to my understanding that my foot vibrates because of a pinched nerve. Maybe you have some slight form of Sciatica or just a pinched nerve that is causing you these issues.
I thought I was going nuts, until I found this forum.  My right heel has this same vibrations going through it.  I thought it felt as if a vibration was coming through the floor, as though machinery was running underneath.  
I did just get a new pair of shoes, but I have only worn them a couple of times.  I am going to go back to my old shoes and work on increasing my calcium, and we'll see what happens.  Too weird!
I'm so happy to find this forum. It makes feel normal. My first episode was in April 2012. An awful vibrating feeling in my right big toe. No pain, no numbness, just this extremely annoying sensation which drove me crazy! I couldn't sleep at night since it was so distracting. It was cyclic, 1-2 seconds of vibration and 2-3 seconds off. Sometimes the rhythm would change a bit. It lasted for a week and that was it. The Dr said it was probably the shoes. Eight months later, few days ago it started again! I was laying in the bed, doing nothing and it just started. Has been going on for 4 days now. I really hope that it won't last more than a week. When I'm in movement I don't feel it. When I sit I feel it and even worse when I lay on the bed. When I move my leg it helps because it distracts me, but when I try to go to sleep it's a problem. I mean, you can't move your legs when you want to sleep...

I'm a healthy person. I take iron and B 12 because I'm a vegetarian, so I don't think that's the problem. It's not diabetes because my blood taste came fine in May after my episode. I'll try to cut down a bit the caffeine and drink more water. I do know that I didn't drink enough water, though it can't really explain my first episode. I just really *really* want it to go away. It's so frustrating and annoying!
What came of this? Same thing happened to me this week. Same arm, and same vibrations in left foot. I came across your post and I am relieved to know I am not alone, and that it may just be from the flu shot. Did yours go away?  Please let me know. Thanks.
I've posted back on this site in 2008 about foot vibrations: I just want to re-asure some people here that it can be absolutely nothing like it was in my case.

After writing on here, I started having a similar sensation in different parts of my body (like side of my arm, side of my thigh), and of course was fearing what it could be - some nervous autoimmune disease.

I've seen a neurologist twice since - back in 2008 and 2009 - once for the initial check, and 1 year after for a follow up to see how things are - especially because if the fears I had about certain diseases. And he reassured me that I was totally fine.

And I have to say, I've managed to move on, the symptoms disappeared over time, and I'm still fine. Maybe once in a blue moon, I still have a similar sensation but it only lasts for a little while, and I am able to think nothing of it!

The mind can be a very very tricky thing. Even though I'm a rational, logical, and usually emotionally fairly stable person, over the course of my life I've been imagining numerous afflictions which "I was certain that must be what's wrong with me". But you know what? NONE of those irrational fears have ever materialized! So 100% of the time I've been wrong - why, because I'm still here and I'm still healthy.
My foot just started today? its messed up..it feels like a warning lol
I picked up running two years ago and currently training for my marathon. The last few weeks, I'm started feeling tingly sensation in my left hand and my right foot vibrating very often. Especially, I am sitting. But strange enough, I feel 100% normal when I get up in the morning. I have done a lot of research and have talked to many people who have similar symptom. Everything is pointing to sciatic nerve. To sum it up: "Very often, sciatica will go away on its own, or will respond well to conservative treatment methods. Sometimes, however, sciatica is treated with surgery to repair the herniated disk or to make more space in the vertebrae."
this is the second time that i have noticed this pulsating sensation in both of my feet when i am in bed, my right eye twitches all the time and i have tons of health issues i've had a mri done on my back i have bone spurs and degenerative disk disease,  i m overweight but have lost 20lb so far since i joined weight watchers every little thing freaks me out every time i go see my dr about something it is associated with my panic attacks help what is this??
Day 10 and VIBRATION FREE - go to your chiropractor and describe your pulsating sensation. After one treatment I was relieved of the pulsing. It started after I wore new ORTHOHEELS for one hour on 8/18/13.  No pain as mentioned herein, but drives you mad waiting for the next pulse/vibration. I was told it is connected to the sciatica which mine was inflamed. I hope you get help from your chiropractor. Thanks for the advice from this blog, I am very happy to report I am VIBRATION FREE.
8/29/13
Hi Uncrase,

Wish i could be so positive, but i get continuous vibrations at the base of my spine and in my legs. After walking my lower body vibrates violently and also when i lay down. Its very disturbing. Went to the neurologist and he said it is myofascial.  He prescribed Lyrica but this tablet has scary side effects.
Jen
Signed up an account on this community just now, just to provide feedback. Saw a lot of guys having this issue finally disappeared from the thread, however believe that I should not.

From China, 34 yo male who had had this issue on right foot for a week. Tried B-12 and stopping multiple vitamin with no luck. Then tried taking 1500mg cal last Friday, which did much relief in several hours. Having been taked it for 3 days and it dispeared 100%. Cannot find any answer in China Internet so had to try google. I cannot thank this forum more and appreciate everybody’s input.
This is very weird, but yet I'm glad I'm not alone. I too have been getting the light vibration in my left foot just today. And like most it feels like a cell phone vibrating near my foot. Not painful at all just annoying because it's quite frequent. Reading some of the post quite a few seem to have different diagnosis. What's weird is the few who sought out doctors and they don't know what it is. For so many people, just here on this sight you'd think a doctor would either look into it, or have answers. I will keep reading to see if there are more answers.
Today I was sitting in my car at the bank drive through and I felt this vibrating so I scramble for my cellular phone in my pocket or so I thought! My phone was on the seat next to me. This vibration is about 6-8 seconds and it is constant. What shall I do about this.
Thanks for your blog. I started getting vibrations two days ago in my right foot and its driving me mad. I also have been getting pain down my leg and hip on the same side. I am going to see a chiropractor from your advice and really hope it helps.
I too have the weird feeling of vibration and pulsation in one foot.  This happens only periodically and I have put it down to muscle damage after experiencing a badly sprained ankle some weeks ago.  The strange sensations started 4 weeks after having the sprain and although, uncomfortable, it is not painful.
Mooker1975: I guess you can consider it weird how few doctors found out causes, but at the same time it's often just part of the way the body and especially the mind work. There are so many symptoms that have psychological causes, or combinations of physical and psychological causes.

It's amazing how the mind can magnify minor physical sensations, and as a result gets into a state of feedback and resulting anxiety about this.

I've experience this at different periods in my life, and I have to admit I still become the victim of this, however I'm also learning to "just deal with it".

I'm 39 years old, i've gone through a number of periods now where I "was sure I had this, and that", and it ***** because it has a negative effect on the way you should enjoy life at that moment.

But hey, 39 years later, and I'm still alive, seemingly healthy, and - at least as far as I know - with none of the terrible afflictions or diseases I thought I had at various times in my past.

You have to live now, you don't live if you're constantly worrying about the future!
Haha... I can't believe the forum considered the word s,u.c,k.s to be offensive in my previous post ;-)
Had the same phone vibration issue as everyone else--in my right foot constantly--like a phone alarm on manners mode going off.
If I tried to put pressure on it, the vibration shifted slightly to another location down the foot. I knew it was a nerve and not a muscle as I couldn't feel any muscle vibrating when I touched it, and I also had vibrations in my torso area, though not as intense or as often.
After three days, my husband tried (via trial and error) massaging the muscle  and bone near where I felt the vibration. As he moved the muscle and bones in my foot, the vibrations stopped.  Once he stopped doing that, they started back again, but not as often or intently. After reading everyone's comments, I'm going to wait it out for a while and see if it goes away on its own, but if manipulation of muscle and bone is helpful, then a chiropractor or pediastrist will be my next step.
I've experienced the vibration in (mostly) my right foot at least once every few months for the last two years. I'm a 47 year old male in good overall health. I am thrilled to find this group, but surprised by how worried/scared/upset people are about it. Perhaps it is because I do not have a history of back/foot/general health problems, but I'm having fun with my "buzz"! I have also noticed it often happens while I meditate or soon after, so that could also be why I associate it more positively.
The same thing keeps happening in my left foot.  Has anyone gone to see about this and if so what was your outcome.  This has been happening to me for some time now.
hey, hows your heel now? i have the same sensation after having massage, and its been two months. worry me all the time. Have u found out why?
I had this vibration feeling too. Just wanted to tell you guys how I dealt with it:

I tried tums, and while it did seem to help, the problem also came back, and then went away again, regardless of the tums.

I talked to my doctor, and he reassured me that it was just a temporary thing, and was perfectly normal to feel

However, if you have it for a prolonged period, or if you feel NUMBNESS or PAIN associated with it, see your doctor and let them know!
I'm worried sick about this vibration in my right foot. It's pretty constant. I have vascular issues, I stand 12 hrs a day due to my work. Your post stating that years have gone by and nothing terrible happened was comforting since I'm only 48.
Viewing 201-278 comments: