foot vibration
Not sure where to post this. A few days ago I had a sensation of the floor vibrating under one foot. Since then I have realized it is my foot. It is felt in bloth feet, one at a time. Never both at the same time. I feel it when I am standing r walking. It is like an intermittent buzzing sensation. It comes in short bursts on after the other then stops. It will happen when walking and I will feel it with every third or fourth step. What could be the cause? I am taking no medications, only slightly over weight and am a 47 yr. old female in good health.

This discussion is related to faint vibration or 'humming' sensation.
Your symptom of faint vibration upon walking and having intermittent buzzing sensation suggests that you are having some nerve irritation.
This could be due to nerve compression at the level of hip or at lower back.
This could be compression of sciatic nerve though you do not have shooting pain and radiating pain.
Keep us posted with your thoughts.
Bye.
I just started having the faint buzzing sensation in my left foot a few days ago, buzing for a second or two between intervals of 3-5 seconds. I thought it was machinery under the floor until I realized it was only in one foot. There is no pain or other symptom that I can relate to it.
I am a white male, just turned 60. I was raised in New England and have been doing development work in SE Asia for the past 3 decades. I am overwieght at 220 lbs and 6 ft in height, but have lost 20 lbs over the last few months on a low carb diet with lots of fresh salads. I haven't had any significant health issues for quite a while. I used to exercise regularly, even running marathons (Honolulu 2003), but slowed down a lot a few years ago due to the work load. Now I am starting to exercise more again.
Could this be related to something in our environment? or diet?
Please let me know if you learn anything more.
New England
Help!  This just started happening in my left foot in the last couple of days.  I am a 40 yr old mom of 3, extremely active, working out 3-4 times a week.  This intermittent vibrating in my foot is very unnerving.  Have you got any answers?  Nothing hurts... so, it is hard for me to think it is a back problem.
I have started having the same buzzing feeling.  Have no idea what it is.  Not overweight.  Does any body have a sensible explanation?  I do not think I have Lyme disease or am diabetic.  It started a couple of days ago.

Any ideas?
Glad to see there are others with this crazy sensation!  I've had this for at least 3 years.  I also get this sensation in my "bottom", as well as my feet.  I've got to believe it is nerve irritation.  With a recent knee injury the sensations to my feet were far more frequent and more pronounced.
I get this as well in my right foot. 1 to 2 seconds of vibrating, repeated every 2 to 3 seconds. I notice it particularly more often when I have my left leg on my right leg, but it doesn't exclusively happen then.

I also had the feeling in my groin/pelvis area a few months ago, and I really read up on it then. It seems a common thread for everyone is stress (any kind). A lot of people speculate it's horrible conditions, but they don't come to fruition. I've had an MRI because I've also had other symptoms accompanying it, and come back negative for MS or other major conditions.

Since the sensation in my groin went away I am optimistic this one will change as well. For the time being, I am just making sure I'm getting good "nerve nutrition" (Vit. c, B12, Magnesium and Calcium).. lots of regular exercise and learning to really relax (had kind of stopped doing that although I didn't realize it at first). Others have said it went away eventually without anything worse happening. The body does an amazing job of repairing itself, and there is evidence nerves are able to recover more than was ever thought possible.

My personal hypothesis is that stress caused a little nerve damage by either:
A. more muscle tension in my back, compressing my main nerve OR
B. lots of "stress" chemicals in the blood for a long period of time - known to hurt nerves.
Wow, this is my situation to a T. I am literally unable to sleep because of this. I exercise, I eat well. I'm only 35 and I'm certainly not overweight. I suppose it could be a side effect of the medication I'm on, but I've been taking it since August and this has only started in the past month. No doctors have any idea how to treat it so I guess we need to experiment with the food we eat and try to get as much nutrients as possible. Thanks for your comment because I don't feel like a crazy person anymore. - B
I'm having a similar sensation. Has been going on for 3 months now. It would be under my right foot, always in the same area, then in a different area for a while, and now sometimes in my ankle too. It's not getting worse, it just comes and goes on a regular basis.

I had a slipped disc in the past, so sciatica may be a possibility, although this feels very different (does not seem to be related to time of day, or position of my back, and not pain involved).

I'll go see a doctor to rule out the bad stuff, also since in my case I was having some very light headaches on and off on my left side, so putting 1+1 together that's something that makes your mind run crazy with bad diseases.
i HAVE A SIMILAR PROBLEM. i THOUGHT i WAS PLAYING MY MUSIC  TOO LOUDLY WHEN I FIRST FELT THE VIBRATIONS, BUT THEN I REALIZED THAT IT WAS HAPPENING EVEN IN THE QUIET OF NIGHT.
It's so frustrating. I can't tolerate it. It's not painful in the least, it's just so weird. When I go to bed it's hard to fall asleep because I keep feeling/hearing it. I have been exercising regularly and I am on a few medications. I'm only 35 I'm 6'1 and Weigh 184lbs. Which is pretty normal. The only area I have any excess fat is on my belly. It has to be a neurological thing. I wish doctors could help me with this. Maybe acupuncture will help us.
This is crazy, I thought I was crazy. and so did my doctor. I have the same vibration feeling but in my left foot. And I have been having an unusual headache on my left side.
my vibrations have stopped just like that. Thank God!!!!!!
I am a teacher. I am on vacation (2mths) from school so i am not wearing any shoes(high or tight) maybe that was the root of the problem. i am wearing sandals and slippers now until school reopens.
You are the first person to mention a "strange" headache accompanying the vibration. I have just developed the symptom of a pulsing vibration in my right foot... like many here, I thought it was music/machinery/something else. I also have this echoey, achy head that is not something I've experienced before. I'm a little worried, but not so much I want to run off to the doctor's yet.  
I'm a 41 year old male, and my left foot just began to vibrate when I went to lay down and read tonight.  At first I thought it was some vibration coming through the bed my foot was on, so I moved around the house, and soon realized it was coming from within my foot...  I had to google this and was amazed that there were so many identical entries!  Mine comes every 3 seconds and lasts for 1 second.  It is very distracting and I'm not able to take my mind away from it...  I've worked for the past 18&1/2 years at a computer keyboard for approx. 9 hours a day (with just a 30-min. lunch break).  Have had sciatica and some steroid injections in the sacroiliac joint for inflammation, but it's been about 8 months since my last injection (the 4th in about 5 years).   Reading here, I see a lot of mentions of possible nerve relationship to hip or sciatic nerve...  I'm hoping it stops soon!
I too have noticed that strange sensation in only one foot, and originally thought it was vibration in the floor, like loud music playing!  But it IS in my foot. The only thing I can add to the discussion is that I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I don't know if that is significant, but for some of you that have other random, unexplained symptoms, you might check into that diagnosis.  Good luck!
I had this problem for several days over this summer, which resulted in my search for this site.  After reading the comments, I stopped taking Centrum multi-vitamins and the vibrations stopped.  It has been two months and they have not returned.  Just thought this might be helpful to some.
Thought I was going crazy..A few months ago my right foot started vibrating-then one night while sleeping I felt like I was laying on top of a running refrigerator (thought maybe it was coming from the apt below me) went into another room and realized it was me vibrating..very scary feeling..now its only happening in my left foot..has anyone found out whats causing this..
I have the same problem, just started happening. For over a year, though, I have been having problem with my left heel and thought I had Plantars Fasciitis. But now I have this tingling. I found it could possibly be tarsal tunnel syndrome. Google it. Maybe we all need to see a doctor.
So no one has had a definitive diagnosis?  I just noticed this a couple of nights ago, while I was trying to sleep.  It's very distracting, and now it's doing it whether I'm lying down or sitting.  I have a vibration in my left heel, and another in the ball of my right foot.  They alternate, each lasting a second or two, with no real space of time in between---straight from one foot to the other.  If anyone gets a diagnosis, please let me know.  I can ask my doctor, but from what I'm reading, it doesn't sound like he's likely to know what it is.  I'm 39 years old with only minor health problems: mitral valve prolapse (no meds), hypothyroidism (synthroid), depression (Wellbutrin), anxiety (Xanax--occasionally), and recurrent UTIs for which I'm on a maintenance antibiotic and flomax---just in case that provides any clues.  Oh... and I HAVE been very stressed over the last few years, to the point where I've been concerned it might affect my health.
I too have been under quite a bit of stress..I asked both my Dr's (primary and hematologist) I have a blood disorder..and neither one of them has  ever heard of this..The vibrating in my feet has been going on for about 6 months and the vibrating in my chest  has happened 3 times..Its the strangest thing..hopefully someone comes up with an reason for this..
amazing, thank God for the internet, I have been working at my computer for hours, thought the vibration from the fridge was in the floor and traveling to my foot, then I became moe aware, as its like a buzzing vibration is the best way to decribe it, no pain, i went upstairs to see if it was my floor or something, it was still there! ...its really odd, but as I started to really get worried, I said hey theres the world wide web, and bingo here i am, I also noticed I can feel the vibration on the outside of my foot when I just hold it, weird. I have had headaches and also congestion sinus issues, and over weight, but I dont think that has anything to do with it. have no clue what its from.
I've just started having this same vibrating sensation in both of my feet.  I have had a burning pain in my lower back, so I'm wondering if it's sciatic which I've read in a couple of the entries.  It's been very unnerving as it's hard not to think it may be something serious like MS.  But hearing that so many others have this problem and have been tested for that and it's negative... makes me feel better.  Stress has been mentioned often... I have alot of stress, but who doesn't these days, right?  I'm not great at handling stress, so that doesn't help!  You tend to think the worst when you get crazy symptoms!  If you find out any more information... Please let me know!
I have this too! It started with twitching legs then the vibrating started. Not sure if the two are related. It has been 7 months now... I get it off and on sometimes for a few days straight sometimes nothing for a month! Simply bazaar!
I had an MRI scan with no negative results (thus far)
I have gotten it in my groin only twice and I have started getting it in my lower back for a few minutes only and it is very *soft*
I have also had it in my right knee.. the docs look at me like i'm crazy .....
I have had the same thing! i thought it had something to do with have my phone on vibrate all the time!
Have the same feeling in my left foot. started last night. age 29 male Symptoms similar to many posts. "Puring cat" discribes it the best Have a bit of stress, reoccuring back pain (every 4 - 5 months), recently have the feeling of constipation without actually being constipated, had reoccuring UTI's about a year ago (3 occurances), to wich my doctor has but down to a re-occuring fisha?, recently had a fluctuation in blood pressure which has returned to normal now. Eat healthy, no medication, and had no medical history until 2 years ago. The vibration is only only slightly distracting at the moment, but from the posts, it doesn't sound like i am going to die from it which is good. Thought i would help with the info pool.
I am feeling an intermittent sensation of vibration in my right foot.  It seems to be occurring with more regularity.  My neck has also been quite sore.  Could all of this be related to my workouts at the gym with a trainer?  If so, are there any particular things that I should avoid doing? I am not diabetic.  It is reassuring to know that others  have the same symptom.
I to have vibrations and from my chest to my feet but mosly in my feet,I have mvp and this only started when i went on the med cartizem for my bp and hr but my doc just looked at me like i was crazy when i told him anyways now i know im not crazy and others have these vibrations to but im pretty sure the cartizem is causing mine,I dont feel them as much when im walking mostly when im still.Feels like my feet are on top a dryer, very annoying but now at least i know others have this happening to thats some relief.
I just googled "the ball of my foot is vibrating" and found this site - I'm glad to see I'm not alone. Just yesterday I was sitting at my desk - I'm 25, in very good shape, not on medications and no health conditions beside a slipped disc in my back 3 years ago - my right foot started "buzzing", in the ball of my foot closest to my big toe. I thought I was stepping on a cord that was vibrating at first, but quickly realized it was just my foot itself. There is no pattern to it, it comes and goes and generally "buzzes" for a second and goes off for two seconds. I haven't noticed it while I'm standing, walking or sleeping, only while sitting at my desk. No pain, just a vibrating sensation. I have been under a lot of stress so maybe that is what is causing it - strange though and definitely unsettling!
i just recently started getting these buzzing vibrations under my feet. what's weird is that last week i had a full blown seizure and had to go to the hospital. does anyone think this might be related?
This started for me a couple of weeks ago.  I have had herniated disks in the past, but nothing recently.  I am a nurse, so stress is definitely a factor, and I am on my feet a lot. My right ankle buzzes intermittently (like a light vibration) whether sitting or standing.  I haven't noticed it when walking, but it is not painful so I may just not notice. It happens when sitting or standing, though. I am making an appt for the end of this week. Will post any results.  A friend mentioned fibromyalgia because I have also had a lot of right hip and knee pain, as well as right elbow and neck pain.
I just started getting the buzzing today.  right foot most noticeable on the outside right side of the foot closer to the toes.  buzzes for 2-3 seconds, second pause, then buzzing again.  Then it may stop for a while and start up again.  I am under more stress than usual today.  Good to see others are having this problem 8-)  It is bizarre that it seems to be so "rhythmic" but I don't feel like clocking it to see just how rhythmic it is 8-)  I wonder if there's any chance this is caused by wearing cell phones on vibrate .. like over time your nervous system starts sensing the vibration even when it isn't there ....
WOW! I am amazed. My left foot is vibrating also. vibrates for 1-2 seconds with a rest period of 3-4 seconds. No pain is felt in the foot. When my wife touches the area she reports that she feels no vibration. It does kinda feel like a soft cell phone or cat purring. I'm getting worried it's been constant for 3 days now. I'm a 42 year old male a little overweight but very active. No history of back,neck,leg,diabetes,heart,epilepsy,high BP. Nothing recent except for sinus that goes awry and sometimes gets in the chest, this happens about 3 tmes a year in the ohio valley.
Me too. Just this morning this strange vibration started in my RIGHT foot only. I have had plantar fasciitis since last June and finally got orthopedic inserts for my shoes. The plantar fasciitis which is an inflammation of the ligaments in the foot and heel has gotten much better but now I have this bizarre vibration. Like many of you have reported it is like a pulse: a few seconds on a few seconds off. Its comforting to know that I am not the only one. Do you think aliens have anything to do with this? Seriously though, at first I was worried it was deep vein thrombosis or a blood clot or something. Now that I see that Im not the only one I'm a little relieved but I'd love to know what's going on in my foot!
I describe it as imagining your cell phone set to "vibrate," then implanting the phone in the heel of your boot. That's what it feels like, and it's only in the heel of my left foot.

This is the same foot that I have wicked plantar fasciitis in...or what the doc thought was plantar fasciitis, even though I thought it was someting different. My company closed its doors this week, so I've been under some stress, but still...

Glad to know I'm not crazy. Love to hear what ya'll find out.
Just got this rhythmic buzzing tonight. I'm training for a marathon and did a 17-mile run this morning. I've been running for several years, though, and 17-mile runs are nothing new. 42-yr old male, good health, under a lot of stress (real and perceived). Haven't seen my doctor yet, so I can't offer help on a diagnosis. Just wanted to throw my name into the hat.
Thank God for all of you. I have had the same vibration in my right foot could not get a answer. I have had several (5) lumbar back fusions,  arthritis on entire spine, hip and knee. possible Fibromyalgia.  Now I know I'm not going nuts. Let us know what anybody finds out.

Thanks papajohn
Got the exact same: left foot vibration (cat purr best describes the feeling) for 1 second, with 3 second pauses in between. No pain. Started two days ago. I'm a 34 Year old male, athletic with no health problems. I work with computers so I'm pretty much sitting down 10 to 12 hours a day. I read ALL of the above posts and the only common thing I have with everyone else (apart from the obvious vibration) is stress.
I also have RLS (restless leg syndrome) which is one of those things only people who also have it take seriously. others just think it's silly and maybe my imagination.. I have a lot of stress related to too much work and many things going wrong in my life, added to the fact that RLS causes me serious insomnia. it takes me over 4 hours (every day) to fall asleep, which causes even more stress and fatigue. I don't believe RLS is related to the foot vibration because I'm the first to mention it here, but 80% of everyone else also mentioned stress. This is quite surely a nerve/brain condition.
I love the internet!  I was sitting in my recliner last night watching tv and started to feel a buzzing in my left foot toward the outer area below my "pinkie toe".  I had just put the dishwasher on and my chair is just off the kitchen in a sunken living room so I thought it may be from that - although I did think it was strange that I could only feel it in one foot.  

Although it is not an intense sensation, it is still very annoying.  I went out this afternoon and it began to happen as I was shopping.  I am a 42 year old mom of 3, slightly overweight but still fairly active, on medication for depression and acid reflux, and take 1000mg of B12 daily.  I recently had tests done that confirmed I have some nerve damage in both hands (carpel tunnel).  I have been having frequent headaches recently that subside when I take Advil.  I do not wear uncomfortable shoes ever and when I am home I am barefoot at all times.

I'll mention it to my family doctor the next time I see her, but by the sounds of it, I likely won't have any luck.  If I do learn what it is I will make a point to update this thread.

Just for the fun of it, I had a dream (nightmare?) a couple nights ago that I was abducted by aliens and made the mistake of telling my family about it because they are teasing that the aliens implanted a tracking device in my foot.  Pfft... family shammily...
I have been having the same buzzing sensation in my left foot for a couple of months now - haven't mentioned it to my Doctor because I felt a little silly!  Really good to hear there are others out there who have it too.  I have had severe sciatica in the past and my back remains weak.  I have hyperthyroidism ... feel i am under a lot of stress too - have a lot of muscle pain which I think is stress related.  Apart from that I'm healthy (oh I have a broken arm too!) if anyone finds out what causes this I would love to know.  Bye from chilly Dublin, Ireland
My boyfriend thought I was crazy because the only way I could describe it was that someone had strapped a cell phone set to vibrate to the underneath of my left foot that went off every 5 seconds.  It's so annoying.  I'm 34 female, and like many of the rest of you I'm stressed at work -it's about the only thing I can see as an underlying cause. I also get extremely dizzy. I've been to the neurologist, cardiologist, pulminologist, infectious disease doctor and they have all come back negative.  I did however go to the rhumotogolgist and they said that I have undifferenciated connective tissue disease.  They gave me plaquinil but it hasn't helped. I don't think it's related to the buzzing in my foot though. If anyone else gets an actual diagnosis for the foot buzzing PLEASE SHARE!! (thank god it doesn't hurt and it's just annoying)

Thanks...
So about 2 weeks ago I had this annoying vibrating sensation in my right arm. I was concerned, but mostly just relieved that it was not in my left arm.

About 1 week ago, the vibrating was 90% gone in my right arm. However....I noticed the vibrating in my left foot. It mostly occurs sporatically. There is no pain. It just feels as though a small, microscopic cell phone has bene imbedded in my left foot. Usually the vibration sensation takes place under my big toe, but in general it occurs all over the foot. As of today, my right foot began to vibrate. Not as intensley, but enough to notice.

I am a full time student so I spend the majority of the week sitting in front of a camputer or at a desk. I have been excercising more latley to maintain the flow of cirrculation throughout the body. Today I excerised for 40 minutes on an exercising bike, and my left foot was vibrating like crazy.

Something else very weird happened to me a few nights ago. I saw what appeared to be lightning, but it was not storming outside. It was an isolated occurance, but it is none the less a concern. Has anyone else seen lightning? Maybe I was just delerious.

A few things that kind of ease the vibrartions are:
a. when sitting down, just keep your feet and legs moving
b. sometimes massaging works

I am a 23 year old female, and have always been in good health. What is going on? After reading other posts I would say that stress must play an important role in this strange sensation. I too, am very stressed with school and not working as much.

Good luck everyone!
I have had the same lightning happened to me on a lot of occasions. I asked my cardiologist about it and he said they are ocular migraines. I see what seems to be bolts of lightning across my vision and it goes away after about 10 minutes. My doctor said it's nothing to worry about. I also have the buzzing on my left foot on the ball of my foot and just today I felt the same thing in my right arm. I am a 63 year old woman with hyperthyroidism and a lot of stress. It seems like stress seems to be a common denominator here.
Thanks for your postings. I thought how am I going to explain this to my doctor.
     I am 69 yrs and slim, good health with "restless leg syndrome" which stared about 3 months ago. My dr attributes that to my iron being low. I don't have leg movement, just the skin on my legs has a burning or raw sensation when anything touches them, mainly at night.
    This past month I noticed the left foot vibrating and after becoming very aprehensive this evening decided to see if any one else has this problem. It is unnerving to stand and feel the floor vibrating.
I can sure rest better tonight knowing I'm not alone. Now how do you get it to stop?
    I have felt some stressed this month also, but otherwise I feel fine. I will try acupuncture next month if I am still experiencing symtoms.
Does anyone have suggestions as to treatment?
Me too, my left foot keeps vibrating.  In the past year I have occasionally had the same type of vibration on the left side of my pubic bone, that's not regular though.  I have no other symptoms and, as everyone else, experience no pain.  I'm 51, not overweight, healthy, eat well and workout 3-4 times a week.  I do, however, have a fair amount of stress, both work and personal.  I'm happy to know I'm not going nuts.
I was shocked to see so many other people experiencing the same symptoms we have.  About 2 weeks ago my 9 year old daughter got the flu.  Started out with 102' fever and chills.  Then she was saying, "MOm my leg feels weird at the knee, like twitchy. then it stops."  10 days later I got the fever and chills and about 4 days later I started feeling the vibrations in my right knee and it has gradually  spread to my middle thigh.   Has anyone looked at this as a viral infection?  Or  a Lyme's disease  symptom or a parasitic issue???  
HOpe someone can find the answer.
Hi everyone... I just started to feel my left foot vibrate. This has lasted for about a week... and now my right foot has picked it up!
My stats: I'm 39 yo female and always been in excellent health. A few months ago I've been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism (not Graves, but a hyperactive toxic nodule). Now I'm taking beta blockers (Propranolol) to keep my heart palpitations under control until the nodule shrinks (I just underwent RAI - radioiodine treatment -  the vibrating foot was there before the treatment). Anyway, that is all I have.. of course, the sensation is driving me crazy and scares me to death... (I've had enough being sick!!) Anybody else in a similar situation??
:)
I've started having the vibrating feeling in my left foot yesterday,
since then it happened 3 times and lasted for about an hour.
I'm 22, excercise, and my BMI is normal. I have no health issues, just low blood pressure, but very rare.
Does anybody know where it comes from and whether it will stop?
It's just so annoying!
Veronika
And also I forgot to mention...I'm under a lot of stress...living in foreign country, working full time, studying, etc....
I have been xanax - valium - klonopin  dependant for fifteen years, and I became so after a very traumatic experience in my family life.  I have never taken the three drugs at once, but have gradullay moved from one to another over the years.  Currently I am taking Klonopinat 2mg per day. I have failed on all the SSRI's because they all made me much worse very quickly. About 5 years ago I began to noice that my anxiety symptoms, which were always insufferably bad since the traumatic family incident, were becoming worse and worse.  I started to notice that I was intolerant to heat, my geographic tongue (something I always had) was getting worse, the slighetest exertion would make me break out into a sweat on my chest and I became nervous about people commenting on my wet chest.  I gained about 40 pounds and started to drink alcohol along the way to all of these new symptoms.  Not a lot of hard drinking, but at least 3 glasses of red wine per day.  Little by little my life fell apart and I stopped going to work.  All I did was stare out the window and wonder how people could live normal lives. I was envious of them.  The one day I was lying in bed, which is pretty much all I ever did by that point, and I noticed that there was a humming under my left foot - it pulsed regularly at a designated rhythm - or at least it felt like it was following a beat or pattern.  I assumed that there was a motor going on in the cellar like the AC unit or perhaps the hot water heater, but then I realized that it was my foot.  It persisted to the point where if I walked fast or went up the stairs, the entire sole of both my feet hummed. I had no difficulty walking nor was I unsteady.  Then I had something I had only had tiny glimmers of prior -- I had a panic attack of the worst degree.  It came out of the blue, and not knowing anything about what a panic attack was, I assumed I was dying of a stroke or a ruptured blood vessel -- I grabbed the panst leg os my friend who was sitting watching TV in my house and I said, "please help me -- then I said goodbye -- then I bolted up and down the stairs three times and returned to my friend who commented that my face was white as a sheet and that I looked like a corpse.  My hands were so numb that I didn't dial 911 and my friend didn't want to call without my permission knwing that I was having emotional issues overall.   My heart was beating so fast and I felt like I cuoldn't breath but the awful feeling of my life sinking away -- the feeling of doom that made me say goodbye -- was now gone, I managed to down a glass of ice water, a glass of wine and 2mgs of xanax.  In about 20 minutes I was fine but was left with the trauma of the panic attack.  I stopped leaving the house and I needed a friend to walk out the door with me to take out the trash or get the mail.  I stayed like that for a year and lost everything I had.  My feet were still humming and finally I went to a psychiatrist who put me on klonopin and luvox -- the buzzing gradually subsided with the klonopin, but I stopped taking the luvox after 2 days becasue it was causing me to almost have another panic attack.  Slowly I got better and I was able to eat without getting a racing heartbeat or a dizzy spell.  I gradually started to go for walks but like a lunatic I was carrying all kinds of letters and notes with me abojut my condition in case I dropped dead on the street.  It was very sad and, lilke I said, I lost my job, all my money, everything.  I never went to an internist for fear that I was dying and didn't want to know.  My original xanax and valiums were coming from my doctor who had prescribed them when I had the bad incident in my family.  He wrote me a a lot of precsriptions and gradually I stocked up on them because I didn't take as much as he prescribed.  Prior to the extreme problems I had been to another doctor who prescribed valium when I finally ran out of xanax so that got me through 2 more years -- but it was a disaster overall.  So I got better, but not really, but I took a trip to Europe with some friends and found that by the third day there I was feeeling pretty good --almost like my old self which was like being in heaven.  I danced and partied and had a great time at a Baptism celebration and when I returned hom I felt strong and went out and got a job.  During my job I noticed weird things about myself.  i couldn't do an errand without feeling like I was going to have a panic attack or get short of breath,  Sometimes I could and sometimes I couldn't.  I started to ignore it but it was very frightening and when my boss asked me to something that I knew might provole these feelings I started to get bussing feet and shortness of breath.  All the while I was seeing my psychiatrist who said how great I looked and how far I'd come, but I don't think I was ever really better.  Now I had to quit the job after some major bad stress there -- believe me, I am not a wimp, I am just not capable of dealing with things anymore -- I am worn out.  the job is gone, the money is gone, the bussing is back, my heart races when anybody asks me something or I go up ten stairs or I go to get the mail, I stare out the window for hours and I am a nothing.  It all started with a buzzing in my foot.  I was sure I was dying almost three years ago when --well actaully almost 6 years ago yet people tell me how great I look since I managed to dump the extra weight I gained.  I dieted but could not work out, but I did lose the weight so now I am again afraid that the weight loss is a symptom that i am dying.  this will be the second time I had to throw away a scale -- i can't be near it.  I spend hours looking at my sking with flashlights and magnifying glasses and I have found imperfections that I sweat are symptoms of underlying diseases.  I can only be with people socially if I take my klonopin and have a few glasses of wine -- my life is a complete mess and it all started with a little humming under my foot and an intolerance for heat.  I have my own blood glucose monitor and my number is usually a fasting 94 and never has been above 116 after eating.  I m a 43 year old male who used to do eveything even after my horrible family tragedy -- granted I did it all on xanax and alcohol -- but I did it -- now I can do absolutely NOTHING.  I can't even go to the store to buy food.  I have a dream where a doctor comes to rescue me and sedates me to the point where I am hospitalized for days witout even knowing it and they test me for all the things I think i might have -- but that will never happen.  I keep hoping that this will happen.  the odd part is that for the most part people don't know anything is wrong with me aside from the fact that I am, in their words, a hermit.  A recent bad economic problem and a serious problem with a client calling me 100 times a day with physical threats and non-payment of his bills owed to me, caused me to get really bad again and now this is where you find me.  I assume that the humming or bussing in my feet is not serious because it comes and goes and I would have been dead by now if it were anything serious.  It's pathetic but i am bit suicidal -- on the contrary, I am wanting so much to live the way I did before any of this happened.  I even pray....who knows?
The buzzing in your foot and in your bottom is most likely due to your energy Chakras developing (opening).  Migraines are most likely due to your pineal gland becoming active (also seeing little flashes of light and hearing a ringing in your ears more frequently).  Most people who like to get their diagnosis out of a book may disagree, but it wouldn't hurt to do some research in these areas and make an effort to understand how your energy channels work.  If you have most of these symptoms all together during the same time frame, I would suggest you look into it. You will need this knowlege some day in the near future since the Earth's energies are changing quite rapidly... Best of luck to you all, I hope you find what you're looking for.
It just happened to me today. I was standing, doing a transaction with a banker and started to feel the vibration under my left foot. I wasn't sure about it at that time and about to ask the banker if his phone was ringing. Also wondered someone was making an underground tunnel under the bank office.

I am 31, a software support so I spend more than 6 hrs a day in front of a computer at my desk. I take a few minute break every hour to release the flow of cirrculation. My work is sometimes stressful. I rarlely excercise thesedays due to the work load. I live in Thailand and have always been in good health. Centrum is the only multi-vitamin I take, only a few per week.

Good luck everybody!
What have you all done? Have the vibrations gone on their own or do you still have the symptoms? I am having these vibrations since two days. I get Buzzing vibrations on my right foot close to heel.

I suffer from buzzing sensation in my right foot and have, on and off, for many years.  I've now found out however what mine is due to and thought I'd share in case this is the same for others and solves the mystery.  The Sacral Nerves and the Lumber Nerves are very close together at the bottom of the spine.  The Sacral nerves deal with your bowel and bladder and the very bottom Lumber nerves (closet to the sacrals) deal with your foot.  I experience the buzzing in my foot when I am constipated and I believe the proximity of the different nerves and their functions and the pressing of the bowel against the nerves in the base of the spine can cause the buzzing.  I'm certainly otherwise healthy and I can get rid of the buzzing (and the headaches) by drinking plenty of fluids and taking laxatives when the constipation is really bad.  Hope the may help some people.
further to my post above also see this article http://www.nobackpain.us/sciatica-buzzing-in-foot-a-symptom-of-sciatica-nerve-problems/

This also underpins my finding about pressing on sciatic nerves in lower back as the cause of foot buzzing.
This forum has been the most helpful of all that I've looked at!

I'm having the vibration in my left foot. I just recently ramped up my weight lifting and cardio. I'm a healthy 37 year old mom of 2. Healthy weight and no medical issues.
To try and correct this, I've started taking a multi vitamin, b12, magnesium, potasium, and calcium with d. I've been stretching my legs and feet, and bought new tennis shoes with better arch support. I go to the Dr. tomorrow, I'll update if any of this works.
I went to the Dr. today...he took some blood (thyroid, magnesium b12 etc.) He wants me to stop taking claritin d and kick the caffeine. He didn't seem overly concerned since I don't have any loss of strength, or reflex issues. I still think it may be a pinched nerve in my ankle. If it doesn't clear up with the exclusion of caffeine, he'll send me to a neurologist to have a that test where they stick the needle in your muscle to see if it's getting the right nerve impulses...I forgot what it's called. Anyway, I should get my blood results Mon. I'll update if they find anything.
It's amazing how less annoying the vibration is, when you're not worried!
I took a week of Floxin and I have vibrations in my feet. has anyone else taken a quinolone
Please clarify. Do you believe you started getting vibrations in feet as a result of the meds Floxin you were taking?  Or are you taking those meds to stop the vibrations?
add me to the vibrating foot club!  44 yr old woman--overweight=--headaches and lots of stress.  glad i'm not alone!
I'm a vibrator here too.  Balls of both feet.  I noticed the "buzzing" feeling a couple days after starting a new yoga exercise regime.  I have had it for approx. 6 months.  After reading this though, I'm wondering if other things might be contributing to it.  I have fibromyalgia as mentioned above and also chronic constipation as mentioned above.  Does anyone else have pain in the balls of their feet when walking?
I started experiencing this problem two weeks ago. I would feel a vibration in the heel of my right foot. The vibration would last for a few seconds and would happen every 12-15 seconds. It was annoying as hell and i felt like i had a phone under my heel set on vibrate mode. I am 26, very healthy, no illness and am on no medications.

I immediately contacted my physician regarding this and he suggested i take Vitamin B complex,since B12 strengthens the nerves. Two weekends forward, and the vibration is almost gone.I sometimes get a buzz.. a couple of times a day. which i think is a huge improvement.

Maybe it's coz I started taking Vitamin B supplements immediately, but thankfully my condition got under control pretty fast. I think most doctors have a wait and see approach . Lucky for me, my doctor is my maternal uncle who takes the well being of his niece very personally and seriously. Hope this helps !!!
look at all of you who feel it too!! it is certainly NOT dysfunction in this case. have you thought it could in fact be musical tones? that math and music are very strongly correlated and underlie every"thing" in the universe... and that maybe you people are those sensitive enough and PAYING ATTENTION enough to what is going on in your body to experience this great wonder and mystery...
For the last four days I have been experiencing vibrations in my left foot. The very first time it happened, I thought it was my partner's mobile phone going off in the bed. Then I thought the vibration was due to heavy traffic passing by the house. However, the vibration is regular, lasting 1-2 seconds every 10 seconds or so.

I am not stressed and my lifestyle has not changed at all recently.

I have my theories but they are based in spiritually and so some people might consider them as eccentric. I feel this is a signal (perhaps emanating from our subtle body or light body) alerting us that something is changing, though what that something is, I have no idea.

It is interesting that neurological examinations have not found anything abnormal and that some doctors want to treat with Amytriptaline - an anti-psychotic and a drug which impedes spiritual progression and the ability to meditate.
After doing further research, this could be a sign of diabetes or neuropathy diabetes (or something like that).  My mother was a borderline diabetic so this is a possibility for me.  Guess I'm going to get checked for that.  Just thought I'd let y'all know what it could be.
Add me to the vibrators clan too! i get it nonstop in my left food, really annoying, although it helps if i tie a sock around my foot, the vibration lessens a bit.. .I think that the vibration has to be more with the blood pressure on your feet than nerves itself.. but that's just me.
Early this morning I woke with these vibrations everyone else is discussing.  I also went to bed early with a migraine.  I've had migraines for the past 15 years.  I've had knee pain for the last 30-40 years since high school. Also, restless leg syndrome almost that long. So, I am thinking those are not the issues.  Two to three days ago, I did have lower back pain which I've only had sporadically about 3-4 times in the past 2 years.
I walk about 8-10 miles a week. Decent shape but alittle heavier than I'ld like.  Toprol XL for keeping my heart regular.  I am not taking vitamins, so I don't believe medications are causing this.   My best guess would be nerve issues.
With the stress we all deal with, I really think we need to start stretching more.  Our lifestyle, I believe is our problem, and lack of exercise. Although, exercise alone without stretching can be hazardous if you are tight.  
Those of you who have this, stretch until you are flexible, and this may help. (I've been like a rubber band (touch hands flat to floor standing, etc,) until lately.  Now lately, I have this too!
Sorry to say doctors just want to do tests, and med's.  We just all need to watch what we eat, exercise, and destress however you can.....Course, who am I to lecture!
Hi, I'm new to this community. Like all of you I too am suffering from the vibrations and buzzy feeling. For me, it's mostly in my feet and some in my calfs.
I posted a long post here last night that some of you might have read. I posted about what I'm experiencing and what I've tried and a few ideas I had and I ask for opinions. After it posted and I read it,  I saw it had a ton of mistakes, so asked for it to be deleted. I had originally written it up in AOL and it really got messed up when it transferred over to be posted here and I just didn't double check it before posting as I'd checked it on AOL. I never dreamer there might be a problem in transferring it. Well live and learn..So I'll repost it here, with the corrections, later tonight

Also, Thea suggested that I post as a question, because I might get more replies that way...so you might see the post 2Xs.

I have one additional question to ask all of you because I think the answer might lead us to a possilbe cause of this problem. So...here's my Question....Do any of you have Tinnitus (ringing in your ears)? I have it and I've had some other recent problems with my hands becoming swollen and inflamed, so that they were hard to totally open or close. That is something I've never had a problem with. That started about 6 weeks ago. Then about 3 weeks ago this foot vibrating started.

So I started to research it on the net a few days ago and with all I've read, I'm wondering if all of these things might be nerve related. Right now, I think they may be.

Please bear with me and do read all of this next part, trust me, I tie it all together with the vibrating problem and a possilbe answer. I heard  a commercial for a product for  Tinnitus (ringing in the ears) on the CNBC this morning. Since I suffer with that I wrote the name of it down and looked it up on the Internet.I must have read over 40 posts this morning on that product and I would say that approx 90 + % of the posts were positive and the people found partial or total relief and were quite happy with this product.This product is a specific nutrient and vitamin complex to help heal the nerves in the ears.[For any one suffering with Tinnitus, who wants to try it, the product name is "Lipo-flavonid" I bought it at Rite Aid, which is a nation wide drug store chain and it cost $29.0 0 for a bottle of 100. You take 3 a day. So it's a month a month supply.BTW I have no connection with this co at all...other than hoping like heck that it will work for me!

According to the posts, if you take these 3 xs a day, a person can get relief in as little as 2 weeks, but the box says take it for 6 months to be sure it's replenished the nutrients you are missing]

Now here's how I'm thinking.. by putting together the information in the posts I read this morning on Lipo-Flavonid and info about what the product does, why the specific ingredients are in the product, and the product success rate, together with a post on this thread in 2007, by a female neurology teacher(I think that's what she said she was..it's a long post so it will be easy to find if you'd like to read it). Also, her husband is a Dr. and he aided her in trying to find a cure. Eventually she tried a diet of nutritional fresh food, lots of veggies, and fruit,... basically a balanced vitamin diet approach to her vibrating problem. After being on the diet a short time, and replenishing her system with what she felt were missing nutrients (which she got in her diet), her vibrating problem totally went away in a very short time after starting the diet. So armed with all that information and my past information I'd gathered, I too now feel this might be a depleted nutrient problem for me. I started taking the Lipo-Flavnoid this afternoon and with any luck I'll see some results in a few weeks in my ears and I'm really hoping that it will also work to stop my vibrating feet. The way I'm looking at my vibrating feet problem, is, if the nerves are nutrient poor, which for me is very possilbe, then once the nerves have been replenished with the nutrients and vitamins, I'm hoping the vibrating will stop. Any thoughts on my idea? Does any one else think their vibrating problem could also be depleted nutrients and vitamins? I think it would be very helpful for anyone with this problem to read this woman's post, if you've not already done it. She very encouraging and she cured herself! So there is hope. So for those of you who are very down and discouraged...don't give  up the ship...there are answers...and others like us have found those answers...and I really think we can too.  So chin up everyone...Lets all think positive!

Oh one last thought...if you want to see a really inspiring movie, rent the black and white movie, staring, Susan Surandon (sp?), "Lorenzo's Oil"...it's about parents with a very ill child and medical science could not help him, so these parent set out to learn how to cure their own child...which they did...and saved the lives of many other children...BTW it's a true story.
This is my personal diagnosis for this condition and in no way is it tested or proven medically.

I made up the name: Neurotica (please do not reply saying that this doesn't exist)
(I know)

Neurotica:  Neuro-sensory overload, due to malnutrition in the nerves, causing minor nerve damage and/or erratic nerve behavior.

Symptoms:

(1 or more of the following / but not limited to)

1. Rhythmic vibrations anywhere in the body. (especially in extremities. eg. hands, feet, ears)
2. Anxiety like feelings (shortness of breath, increased heart rate)
3. Headaches (light-headed or dizzy throughout the day)
4. Muscle spasms and or convulsions (caused by nerves being overloaded and triggered incorrectly)
5. Tinnitus (ringing in the ears.  Another example of malnutrition in the nerves)
6. Lower back and/or neck pain.

Causes:

1. Poor diet (coffee, sugar, etc.)
2. Stress (work, home, car, money, etc. = Life)
3. Injuries (especially neck or back injuries as these are central)
4. Back problems (lumbar, sacral, sciatic)
5. De-hydration (no less than 64 oz. of h2o per day)
6. No time to relax (too many projects / too little time also causing stress)

Please note that this is my self-diagnosis for this condition and in no way is it tested or proven medically.

Cures:

1. Change in diet (cut way back on caffeine and sugar and eat a lot of fresh vegetables)
(I don’t recommend any vitamin supplements, but that is my personal choice.)
2. Re-hydrate (no less than 64 oz. of h2o per day)
3. Relax (meditate or just take your time as often as possible)(take a vacation if possible)
4. Massage injured areas regularly (neck, back, foot, etc.)
5. Take proper medications for any other existing conditions.
6. Try to resolve any stress issues or think of other ways to deal with issues that might not be as stressful.

I spoke to (my cousin) a Dr. of Chinese medicine after my regular Dr. couldn’t help me.
(oddly enough the vibration has decreased tremendously, as of this morning, after talking to him last night.)

Maybe knowing is half the battle for this.

He also stated possibilities of an energy in-balance.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
I hope this can help even one person with this condition.
I started having a vibration in my left foot.  After a few days, I began checking on-line and found these postings.  A few people mentioned taking Centrum vitamins, which I had been taking every day for the previous month or so.  I stopped taking the Centrum and the vibrations began to lessen, completely disappearing after 3 days.  That was 2 months ago and they have never returned.  The same occurred with my wife, although her vibrations were in leg/hip area.  While I can't prove cause and effect, this is what occurred with me and my wife and I'm passing it along FYI.  
I started noticing the vibrations yesterday. I thought a bug was crawling on my foot it didnt tickle though it just feels like its buzzing. it happens for about 3 seconds each time every couple of minutes most of the time i dont notice it unless i am laying there. I am 21 years old 5'3 206 lbs. I did just get over a virus (diarreah and throwing up) and I noticed this. I am not taking any medications but I have an anxiety disorder and depression and am very stressed and My legs fall asleep very easily. I am very surprised to find out that I am not crazy and people actually know what I am experiencing. The feeling is on my left foot on the left side (edge below the toes). Please email me if yall find anything out.!

***@****
I have it in the left foot and I to take centrum! NOT NO MORE!!
Underside of left toe and pad started purring like a cat, just this AM. Started taking B complex as mentioned from another post. Will keep you all apprised of the results, if any.
Has anyone informed Centrum of the possible troubles that my be caused by taking it? Just a thought, so that others won't have to suffer...
B12 seems to be helping.  Haven't had an episode for a week.
Update from yesterday. Not even 24 hours from taking B-complex and the cat purr/vibration is less than 1/2 the intensity that is was yesterday at this time, so you may what to give it a try. As before, I will keep you all aprised as to the progress. Even now it is so much better that it's completely tolerable! Good luck.
2 days later and the vib is almost gone. Try the B complex.
I'm glad someone else experienced this. I was afraid it was one of those things where everyone thinks you're crazy.I just started experiencing this same thing recently. I thought something was vibrating and I was feeling it in my right foot and came to realize it was in my foot. I would describe it as someone else did, like you implanted a cell phone set to vibrate in your foot. I have been going to physical therapy for shoulder and elbow pain and they said I have some nerve issues so it all makes some sense. I just hope it stops. It is extremely annoying.
Just when I thought it was almost gone with the help of the aformentioned B 12, it's back, and I have the feeling it's because I over did it on the coffee today. I think 6 cups during the day would make anyones foot vibrate. I'm going to cool it for a coupe of day and see if that does the trick, then let you all know. If that's it, I'll be keeping the coffee to a minimum.
Just read through all the comments. Very interesting re the vitamins. Mine started, both feet, yesterday. Constant vibration when walking or standing, no pauses, then will go away for a while before coming back for a few more hours.

I think we have several different conditions here. Some have intermittant vibration with pauses, other like me have contant episodes, lasting a few hours at a time.

The vitamin clue suggests allergy or intolerence for some people, easy to fix by giving up the trigger, if you can discover what it is.

For others, nerve problems, autoimmune diseases, diabetes are the underlying problem, all of which are made much worse by stress, so stress relief is the way to go.

Personally, stress, along with high blood pressure, has made my vibrations appear. Good luck with your search!
I noticed my left heel having a vibrating feeling one evening when I took my dog outside.  I thought the ground was vibrating, but when I moved to another spot realized it was my left foot.  The vibrating sensation reminded me of the blood pulsing in your system as your heart beats.  I have high BP so was thinking I need to see my Dr.  I too take Centrum vitamins.  I recently started taking extra calicum.  I too sit at a computer or in my car going to appointments and have a lot of stress.  I also have had lower back pain for years.  I have recently started having headaches. I really don't notice the vibration until I get quiet.  It is very annoying.
I have never taken centrum and have had this problem for well over a year. I dont beleave that is the cause. Like others I have had lower back pain and ringing of the ears for several years as well as plenty of migrain headachs there must be some conection there.
I am a 33 yr old female... Thankful that I am not the only one with this odd problem...
I am currently sick - doc says possible sinus infection and bronchitis - I'm not convinced she is correct, but am taking antibitoic anyway....
I've had the vibrating in my left foot all day... on and off.... feels like a cell phone vibrating.
What the heck is this? I want it to go away.
I have this vibrating feeling now for about a week, started in both feet but now down to one foot - it moves  around my left foot now, sometimes in the heel, sometimes in the arch of my foot - I had a lower back pain earlier this year  (now gone) which affected my left leg and was painful to walk (again that just came on overnight which totally freaked me out at the time) Having had an MRI,full hip extras etc the doc prescribed 6 PT sessions which  got rid of it-  I did the excersises my physical therapist taught me to stretch the muscles in the lower back and strengthen my hip/thign muscles - it stopped the vibrations for half a day, possible breakthrough!  - i have just come back from walking all aftenoon and i have the vibrations back again - i do sit a lot for work and I think my situation will be helped if i continue to do these exercises every day - i might also go and have a foot masages to see if that helps...oh and another thing, when i lie down to go to sleep, the vibrations completley stop - I really do think it has something to do with posture, sitting too much...I am really glad i found this website!!!!
I too had vibrations on my left foot. It occured a couple of days after taking an hour walk on a paved trail with bad shoes. I have been wearing canvas converse shoes for about 6 years and some of them were worn out. The constant pounding on the pavement caused my left foot to hurt a bit, then after 2 days of walking the same trail, I started feeling the vibrations. First, the pulse on my left foot was pretty strong. Then after about 3 weeks, the strong pulse went away to be replaced with the vibrations. I went to my doctor and described what I was doing before it happened. She diagnosed it as repetitive stress injury. The sole of my left foot was affected from wearing bad shoes and the lack of cushioning and support in my shoes had injured my foot causing inflammation or swelling and the swelling had caused the nerve to act up. That was why I was feeling the pulse stronger than usual. I  think I ignored caring for my feet. The doctor suggested wearing better shoes and going to a foot care store that specializes in those shoes. She also mentioned that it was already improving with the strong pulse going away, and being left with the vibrations. It just takes time to heal and that it will get better. It did get better. I also took the B Complex and the vibrations stopped after 2 days. I eliminated coffee and am making sure I dont eat too much sugary food ever since. I have some vibrations ocassionally, about twice a week but not the kind where it used to happen every 30 seconds or so.  It's more erratic and happens for only a few minutes. It disappears when I put my feet up and relax. It's 90% gone.  It's been about a month and I get some sensation at times when I'm tired or had little sleep. But not regularly, usually only when I walk for long periods. Also, getting enough sleep seems to help. That's what I did the night before the vibrations went away, first for a few hours, then longer after that. Good luck to everyone. Exercise and eat sensibly, enjoy life, be nice to your neighbor and don't forget to have fun. :-)
This morning I took a walk in shoes that didn't fit properly and had to walk strangely to avoid pain. Later at work, while sitting at my desk, I noticed this same humming you are all referring to. Well, just now I tried folding my legs up under me to see what would happen to the buzzing....it stopped. I am a medical professional and suspect this is an irritated nerve situation. It is probably a  fasciculation or twitch (like what you can get in the facial muscles). These can last for several weeks and in some cases, months. It is harmless. Try yoga or some other type of stretching.
This vibration started in the outside edge of my left foot 5 days ago while out of town; it comes and goes. Healthy, 66, no Centrum, but lower back issues. I am going to start the B complex vitamins today. Good luck everyone and thanks for the input.
I am a 37 year old female who has been married 14 years and a mother of  two teenage boys I also had a vibration in my foot back in april of this year along with right leg swelling and went to several doctors and when I finally went to a obgyn she diagnosed me with stage 3b cervical cancer. Not trying to scare anyone but the oncologist at the cancer center said that alot of people up there have this problem women and men.
How many of those who complain of vibrations in the feet live close to cell phone masts?
Finally found others who can understand what I have been trying to explain..this started back in May not as strong as it is now my left foot worse than the right but both have the vibrations as does my back and head.  I am not taking any medication for it because it is supposedly a result of another med I just quit taking in May and my doctor said to get use to it, could last awhile.  I hate it because anything with a motor running now makes this worse.  I know it is the nerves but there must be something that would help?
I have had my lower back operated on and since continued to lose weight, about 145 pounds, as well as go off a major "tranquailizing" medication that I took for about 10 years to help control my seizures, so when the vibration began it was light back in May.. but I was still taking some of the meds(tranxene).  I was down from 90mg a day to just 7.5mg and ready to stop it all when then vibrations began and my doctor said it was just withdraw from the tranxene.  I had been going off this stuff for a year now, so lucky to only have 3 seizures since stopped that medication.  I exercise 3-5 times a week, 45- female, and my 1 child is in college so this is my main problem right now..and because it is so annonying I just want it make it stop, if possible :)  
Still constant vibrations in my feet, back and head.  They get worse when around any motor that is running and at times even the gums of my teeth hurt so much it is difficult to easily chew something.  Some say it is the withdrawal still and could last for at least a year, I go to the neurologist on Monday and hopefully will get a better answer.  Anything better than that.  Some kind of idea of what is going on and why, then maybe how long it is going to continue.  The what and why are more important than even knowing how long, guess I am doing what my doc said to do last time.... getting use it.  Still hurts and sure is annoying though
This just started happening to me yesterday....its extraordinarily annoying mostly.  Luckily no pain of any kind.  I was surprised to hear that so many people have the same situation.  I haven't told anyone yet, because I thought that I was going crazy!

Should I expect this to continue for a while???  It's in my left foot...more so, outside of ankle and on the back.

I swear, I can "hear" the vibration too.
Wow....really wierd. I thought my cell phone was vibrating and realized it was my heel. No pain at all, just a weird vibration or a couple seconds....every now and again. Did anyone come up with a way to stop it?
Well, at least it's nice to know I'm not alone!  The night before last, when I was in bed with a migraine, I thought my cat was curled up tight to my right foot, purring his little heart out.  Then he jumped up on the bed behind me, but the foot kept vibrating.  And it hasn't stopped.  I'm 49, overweight and asthmatic, and a migraine sufferer for many years.  Otherwise I'm in reasonably good health.  I don't currently take any medications daily, just Maxalt as needed for migraine.  I don't take any vitamins either.  After reading through, will probably try vitamin B-12.  And cutting back on the coffee probably would do me some good even without figuring in the foot vibration thing.  A couple years ago I had tingling and numbness in my entire leg (a completely different feeling than this foot thing - that was like the limb "fell asleep"... the foot is definitely rythmic with no numbness, just buzzing) and had lots of tests done including MRI and the nerve conduction study.  Passed every test with flying colors, and they ruled out a lot of scary stuff like MS, Lupus, tumors, diabetes, etc.  The symptoms that led to those tests have ended, and I am pretty sure it was stress-related.  I don't feel like I'm under a huge amount of stress currently.  I am unemployed, but hubby thankfully makes enough to pay the bills.  So I don't really have any answers either, just wanted to share my story and will keep my eye on this site.
Hi All,
I wrote on 7/20/09, the left foot vibration think.  I just wanted you to know that it stopped as quickly as it came after about 4 days for me.  I haven't had it since but I wouldn't be surprised if it came back.  I still have no clue what caused it in the first place.
Good luck you guys.
hello,
i have a pain in my neck, at the top (bottom of my skull) about a inch and a half away from my ear. it hurts when i move my neck to the right and i move my sholder and turn my neck to the right at the same time, that might sound wierd but yeah.
i'm not sure if its anything serious orjust a random neck strain, but i have had it before, just making sure if i need to check it out.
please help me.
So odd- I woke up with this yesterday- Sitting on the coach and thought it strange trucks outside were making my left foot vibrate. Minutes later- I realized it wasn't the trucks but my foot :-(
Vibration is intermittent, lasts only a few seconds.
I am 37- hyperthyroidism (Grave's disease). But otherwise healthy (a bit overweight).
Thanks for the suggestions about possible causes-
Laloow- really appreciate your post- makes most sense- I read the article about the sciatica-nerve. yes possible association with constipation. Relieved it is a simple cause (hopefully).
Hope this passes quickly :-) (no pun intended)
Not long after my first visit here, I cut my coffee consumption from an average of 3 cups daily to just 1 and a half cups.  Have had very little vibration in my foot, or anywhere else, within 2 days of making that change.
Dear members,
   Thank you very much for sharing information among us. I have a vibratory type of feeling (as if a mobile phone vibrates if it is kept in silent mode) in the palm and foot(both one at a time). Rarely i have this feeling in my thigh too. Sometimes (rarely) I have twitches in the thigh and face ( near the side of the chin). All of us have reported this problem in similar terms. Good. But I expect a constructive solution from any one the forum members like what can be expected regarding the diagnosis, treatment modalities, prognosis etc. There may be some member who would have visisted the neuro specialist and would have got his opinion in this regard. Ofcourse an opinion for a particular person doesn't suit others but they can obviously guide us in which track to proceed our journey in the search for a possible solution for our forum members like me. I am a teacher standing long hours, uses mobile phone in the silent vibrating mode for the whole day in the school. Had some constricting type of left sided facial sensation for almost a year on and off. Any opnion in this regard from forum members is appreciated.

venkatasu
Obviously there are a lot of people affected by this and mine started yesterday in my left heel.  It sounds like it has many different causes from vitamins/centrum, to compression of the Sciatic nerve to negative energy channeling something somewhere...  For me, the Sciatic nerve compression seems to be the best fit.  I will get some B12 and start doing some muscle stretches to see if I can make it subside.  Has anybody actually been diagnosed with anything related to this other than Cervical Cancer?  
This is bizarre.

I have had this for about three days now, in the ball of my left foot. A buzz for about a second, then a pause of about 4-6 seconds, then another buzz. Over and over again all the time.

I have recently started taking multivitamins (not centrum) but I cant imagine this can be the reason (can it?!?)

Will keep you posted.

I am so relieved that I have found your comments as thought I must be going mad. My left big toe started vibrating a while ago and happens every 4 seconds.It is driving me mad and sometimes I can't focus on anything else!  I would like to contribute by saying that I have also had severe tingling in my arms and hands for 2 years and pain and have had several nerve conduction test (no issues found) and MRI scans.

I have since been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis at 34yrs. My rheumatologist does not know what the vibrating is. I have never known a feeling like this vibrating, and am finding it very unnerving. My experiences lead me to think that it is not trapped nerve as several consultants and physios have ruled this out for me but also seem clueless about what it may be. I have also found that doctors I have seen and a neurologist seem to say that these sensations - tingling and vibrations- are to do with the nerves.  I believe this is a stock answer when they don't know.

I have been upset by the dismissiveness of some health professionals who don't seem to understand how worrying and unsettling this vibrating toe is. Sorry, I did not meant to sound so miserable and negative, but you fellow toe vibrators know how isolating this feels. I will keep reading with hope and will update if get any answers for us. Ju
Wow, how crazy that this is happening to so many people.  I feel the vibration only in my left foot and it is every few seconds (same vibrating sensation everyone is describing).  I am in pretty good health and do not take any medications.  Over the last ~5years I have been trying to get answers to some weird sensations I have with no success.  My left leg will occasionally retain so much fluid that you can press on it and it will indent and stay this way for ~ 30 minutes.  I have had extreme light headedness (never passed out, but felt like it many times), my right arm going completely cold while left arm is normal temp.  After an MRI, Ultrasound of the heart, discussions with Dr, blood tests, my Dr. put me on Atenalol thinking my heart didn't beat hard enough to get the circulation throughout my body but after taking this med for ~ 2years with no improvement, I am finally off of it.  Not sure if this is a circulation problem or not but was wondering if anyone else has been diagnosed with something like this?
Hi, I can't believe I have found this site and so many people are suffering from foot vibration.  Mine started a day or so after I had been ice skating for the first time in 15 years.  I fell hard twice which may have affected my foot.  I didn't think the boots were a problem at the time but maybe this is the cause.  Sometimes when I turn my ankle a different way or cross my legs at the knee the problem disappears which makes me think it is a nerve problem rather than some other disease that I have been worrying about.  I have been very stressed lately and notice every little twinge in my body and always think the worst.  So maybe its the ice skating and stress.  But Im glad to hear Im not alone.  Can anyone ever feel the vibration if you rest your hand on it.  I think I can but my boyfriend says he can't feel anything only my pulse with an echo.  Hope this makes sense.
I am 18 years old, not over weight at all, female. I too have started to notice a pulsing vibrating inside my left foot, as many other people said I originally thought it was coming from beneath my floor but quickly realized it was actually my foot. What the heck is it???
Outer side of left foot starting vibrating yesterday.  All else is fine.  Similar to the other posts.  With this many people, there has to be a diagnosis!?  No pain but its driving me nuts!  Especially when trying to fall asleep.  I've rubbed, jumped around, kicked, etc. hoping something will set what has to be a nerve straight.
I'm an 18-year-old female, slightly overweight. I have a severe iron and vit d defiency and just started taking supplements in the last month. My extremities get twitchy when I stay still, and I often feel pulses all over. I have poor circulation it seems!

I've also had pulsatile tinnitus in my right ear for over a year. A LOT of tests done- one ENT thought it might be built-up fluid in inner ear and gave me steroid injections. These helped for a while, but the tinnitus is coming back. I also have a light green bruise on my shin from a year ago- no pain, but maybe it pinched the nerves somehow?

I've suffered from extreme fogginess, forgetfulness, dizziness, mild hair loss, and periods 45+ days apart etc in the last year.I've also suffered from severe skin infections and have been on many MAJOR antibiotics these past 6 months or so.  I went to a naturopath and she discovered that I have severe vit d and iron deficiency, a sluggish thyroid, and low cholesterol. My bp is like 145/85, which seems high to me. I was put on...

synthroid
cytomel
concerta
cymbalta
thyroid supplement
Ca/Mg supplement
high-concentrate vit D drops
iron supplement

My resting pulse has always been around 80, but it's increased to 90-100bpm. I thought it might have to do with the medications, so I took myself off the thyroid meds after I woke up at 3 in the morning with a pulse of 120!

Anyway, just wanted to give an in-depth history, in case someone may have a similar background.

So the "buzzing" is in my left foot, on the bottom on the outer edge below the toes. It's more of a pulsing, but it's pulsing so fast that it feels like it's vibrating. I notice it when it's quiet or I'm not distracted.

I think it has to do with circulatory problems and/or nerves. I think the important thing to do right now is to try and not get too stressed out by it (stress can REALLY make symptoms worse), monitor medications closely, keep general healthy habits and don't be afraid to go to the doctor if something changes or it just really bothers you. I embarassed myself by getting countless MRI's, ENT visits, blood tests, steroid/diuretic/antihistemine regimins, ultrasounds, and CAT scans done on my head to try and figure out why I was hearing my own heartbeat. Your health is THE top priority. Screw what the doctors/family think of you.

My friends and family teased me for freaking out over back pain. They said it was just back spasms (including an ortho), and it turned out to be fractures on either side of my spinal cord. Listen to your gut!

Sorry for the long post everyone!

K.1991
I started having a foot vibration similarly described in other posts. About a 1 1/2 second feeling with a gap of 4 or 5 seconds in between. My doctor moved about 5 years ago to another state at age 59. I used to go in about once a year and have him "loosen up" my spine and neck. After a couple days of these sensations; they were 24/7 I thought a mooment and wondered if not having that done was at the root of the problem. He always told me if I llimbered up every morning I would never need to come and see him. I clean windows and in my work carry a bucket of water and tools aiding in some of the problems I had.

With that in mind for the last two mornings I did many of the limbering up things I used to do when on active duty in the military. Some time yesterday I realized that the sensations had stopped. My suggestion if you have no other physical problems is to try some of them simple things like a trunk twister, side bends, and bending at the waist forward, right left and back. If you can tumble, forward rolls may help a lot. I also thought two people on the floor facing each other with your legs spread and feet against each other holding hands and making circular movements both ways could help. I remember hearing my body loosen up doing those things.

Get Limber, it may be your simplest and healthiest solution.

Email me if you like. Ron
So glad I found this!  I've been having the vibrating feeling in my right foot since July.  It started with what I would call an electric shock type feeling running down my right leg for a few days and then the vibrating feeling.  I also have a constant strange sensations in the leg which feels like weakness.  I've had an MRI of back and leg and a nerve conduction test and all were normal.  The doc thinks it's a "little pinched nerve here or there" but hasn't done much about it.  I'm a 43 year old female and not overweight.  Anyone else have these strange sensations with the vibrations?
I started getting the "vibration" in my right foot about 3 weeks ago, after reading the comments on this website, it sounds like stress is a big factor.I have had a great amount of stress in the past month or so, back and neck issues as well, but I have had those for quite some time, but it seems to be the stress that is causing the "vibrating".  
I am also getting some vibration on the bottom of my foot I also thought it was the vibratioin form the Modem on the floor My feeling is it is from sitting for long periods at the PC and nothing else ...it causes some compression at the base of the spine the nerves get trapped ..thats my feeling I dont think its stress, I am not stressed much ..
I have long been taking Vit. B complex supplements and my vibrating foot started a few days ago.  Not painful, just odd.  Coincidentally, I started taking Centrum women's multi about two days after vibration started, so I don't believe there's causation.  I am not particularly stressed out.  It was coincident to my period, but the vibration never occurred with that before.  In fact, I have none of the other symptoms catalogued in this forum.  The only factor I may have is some recent low back/hip pain on the left from playing more golf.  The vibration occurs in my left foot.  This all leads me to believe that it is some kind of minor nerve impingement...
I had this same vibration in my right foot. After reading these posts I decided to get some vitamin B12. I started taking the B12-1000 mcg a few days ago. The vibration stopped right away and I have not felt it since. I don't think I changed anything else, so the B12 seems to have worked.
my foot has been vibrating the same way for over 24hrs.(feels like a Cell phone in foot) help!!!!! it does feel better to know your not crazy or not alone, but i havent read any cures for this. I have been taking B-12 supplements for years and I currently take them at least 3 days a week and this just started yesterday. if anyone gets a diagnosis or cure please post. I will be going to the doctor because its un-nerving. I do have lil stress, but im tired of everything we cant find or doctors cant find an answer to being related to stress. please help!
my foot has been vibrating the same way for over 24hrs. help!!!!! it does fell better to know your nor crazy or not alone, but i havent read any cures for this. I have been taking B-12 supplements for years and I currently take them at least 3 days a week and this just started yesterday. if anyone gets a diagnosis or cure please post. I will be going to the doctor because its un-nerving. I do have lil stress, but im tired of everything we cant find or doctors cant find an answer to being related to stress. please help!
Well, I have it too, pulsing in the bottom of one foot, etc. I work at a computer (with 2 monitors) and have been sleeping on an electrical biomat....do we all work around electricity? Could we be bombarding ourselves with too much radiation from TV's, cell phones, computers????
I am 49 and in good health except for tight muscles in my neck and back that mess with my spine a bit. I get a monthly deep tissue massage and chiorpractic aadjustment to deal with it a bit.
this vibration feelin is related to the sciatic nerve, something to do with a bulging disc in the spine. not everyone feels pain when they have a bulging or herniated disc...hope this helps :)
I just found out I have late stage Lyme's Disease!  If you have these odd nerve symptoms you may want to have your doctor test you for Lyme's Disease.  At least I finally have an answer!
WOW.. this is crazy how many people are suffering from this.. I have the same thing.. the vibrating phone feeling on the bottom of my left foot. I do have Sciatica Joint Dysfunction and I have a protruding disc in L4/L5. I am currently under care of a Spine & Joint Clinic. I have been getting all kinds of injections in my back and nothing works. I have been experiencing the vibrating foot for a few days now and it comes and goes.. No pain just very annoying...
This happens to me too! I'm 23, female and fairly healthy. Don't know if I'm the youngest to post. lol

It's in the left side of my left foot.

Happens pretty much no matter what I'm doing. Doesn't really bother me. Sometimes it can when I'm trying to sleep. Nothing major.

It's like I'm stepping on a vibrating cell phone. That's my best description.
Hi All!
Isn't it nice to learn you're not alone, crazy or making something up.  We all seem quite in tune with our cell phone vibrating, cat purring feet.  Mine is my right heel - no pain- just consistent half second buzzing, every 4-5 seconds.  Atleast I can stop checking my phone now that I know it's legit.  I'm 42, female, in decent enough health.  I have old sports injuries in hip and back but function fine and take no meds.  I had been under massive amounts of long term stress and labor (multiple moves, rehabbing property and doing lots of work myself), have my usual coffee in the morning and just started improving my diet.  Vibration started a couple days ago.  I am not worried enough to panic or demand a round of tests (I know I don't have Lhyme's, MS, Diabetes etc...), but I have no doubt it's neurological, stress related or some such.  Going to try a B-12/ B Complex supplement and check in with a neurologist friend.  My husband mentioned 'Radiculapothy' (not implying ridiculousness - it's a legitimate medical/nerve condition), so while I encourage anyone with concerns to see a medical professional, maybe do some research too, ourselves.  

It's an incredibly odd and annoying feeling but I'm relieved to find so many others experience it.  Makes me feel reassured that it's not some serious symptom or huge warning of massive problem.  Hope everyone feels in good company.  We're all probably doing too much and overloading our nerves/systems.  Guess I'll make it an excuse to put my vibrating foot up and make time to relax.  Good luck everyone.  
I have this feeling too....thought I was going crazy!!!   It's just below my big toe on my right foot....it's annoying enough I can't sleep, two days now.....hopefully it will go away.....so glad I found this site...how do you tell your doctor....HEY! I have this vibrating in my foot...feels like I have my foot on my cell phone when it's on vibrate!!....lol...Holy....I'm a little nervous....it's about every 2 to 5 seconds and nothing seems to relieve it....if I'm busy, I don't really notice it...but when I sit to relax.....there it is......hope it's nothing serious! I have no other symptons, no pain, no swelling, no heat, no redness.....I do however have HB pressure and am on Amlodipine 5mg. but I don't think that have anything to do with it.....stress either......I personally think....it's from my shoes.....maybe being too tight....I wear high heels and they may be the culprit!! But my biggest concer is......is this new sensation permanant???? God, I hope not....Good luck all...if anyone has a solution...let us know!!
Unbelievable... mine started last night when I was laying on the couch to rest... left foot... intermittent vibrating... so glad I googled this so I can see that I am not the only one!

I just started going back to the gym again but I got laid off in Feb and the job search is stressful...  also in MBA program which is stressful too...

I just started taking my vitamins again.. hoping it will help...

I am hypoglycemic and have been doing a lot of physical labor lately....my tenants of 7 years moved out and I am redoing the apartment... stressful...

Hoping it will go away soon... Why do so many of us have it just in their left foot?  
For those of you who experience the vibration in your right foot do you carry a cell phone on your right side? And vise versa for the left side? I'm wondering if the continuous radio frequencies bombarding the body are affecting the nerves?

I began experiencing the vibration in my right foot a couple of days ago. I was wondering how I was going to describe the symptons without looking like a nut case.Then I found this forum!
I thought I was going crazy...thought my cell phone was vibrating and then I realized it was my left toe.  I am under a lot of stress...dealing with deployment.  I believe the vibrating is stress related.  I am going to start to exercise more and try to relax more to see if it goes away.  I also had a headache on my left side that trickled down to the nerves in my teeth and then to my ear.  I thought it was my sinus problems.  My doctor told me it was TMJ and that it was triggered by stress.  I think that when we deal with our stress level we may go back to being normal!

Kiki
Add me to the list - 54 yr.old, healthy, female. What a relief to know how many experience this and describe the sensation the same exact way. Interesting that most of the issues are on the left side. There has to be some kind of a connection with that. Thanks for sharing!
Fid
Just been reading the posts regarding this really annoying condition I have been experiencing too.
Is there any link to Multiple Sclerosis?
My left foot started vibrating like 1 sec on and 3-4 sec off. The sensation is in the ball of the foot. I don't have any back problems, no nerve irritation that I know of. I am on Welbutrin (bupropion)...which seems to be a link with some. No headaches, no dizziness...I am a healthy and not over-weight 53 yo. I don't think I am under unusual stress. It would be good to share this blog with a neurology researcher.
Just last night, when I was starting to sleep, that's when it all started. I don't really know why. I am 28, deaf, and is in a good shape except for having TMJ. I'm used to various types of vibrations because I'm deaf and I thought it was just because I was sensitive to some kind of vibration going on in the house that I couldn't hear. Then, today, it kept coming and going all day and still does tonight on my RIGHT foot. Looks like I'm probably the only one who has it in her right foot while most of you have it in your left foot?

I really hope it goes away! It's really annoying when it kept repeating. Maybe it's stress-related like some of you think! So maybe I should keep my stress low. We'll see.
Hello, rlslmt!

I have the exact same vibrations in my legs and feet, particularly when I sit or stand.  I have 3 herniated disks (L4-S1) and I am having major shoots of stabbing pain down my legs from time to time.  The symptoms you are experiencing are definitely from the compressed sciatic nerve.  Sciatica is not fun and I have been going through every treatment under the sun (PT, meds, epidural steroid injections, etc.), except for surgery, to get rid of this pain/tingling/vibrations  Best of luck to you.
I've just started feeling the sensation on the bottom of my right foot. It only lasts a couple seconds and happens every 5 - 10 min. I'm 27 in great shape, don't drink coffee and don't take vitamins. I thought it had to do with the fact that I was on my feet all day and was wearing very high heels. Is there any definite causes or cures? Keep me posted, I'll try some B-12 if its still happening tomorrow.