Neurology Community
forehead twitching

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

forehead twitching

does any  one  have a clue why the left side of my forehead above my eye would be twitching please help keith
read up about tremors, seeing as its one part of your face, its probably temporary, and if your on stimulants thats why..

if it doesnt go away in a few weeks see a neurologist
Thank you for your question. This muscle twitching is also called as muscle fasciculation & appears when the muscle contracts on its own (without nerve stimulation).  Most of the times muscle twitching occurs without any underlying disorder & they are not harmful or may appear after viral illness, vitamin/nutritional deficiency, hormonal disorder esp. thyroid and anxiety. However, sometimes this one sided twitching appears migraine, trigeminal neuralgia as well and might be associated with any neurological disorder. If you suffer continuous pain as well along with twitching, please arrange an appointment with a neurologist right away who will evaluate the possibilities here. Hope this information proves helpful to you.

I truely want  to say thank you to Dr Srivastava  for the info that he shared with me and the time he took to tell me what was going on with this twitch in my forehead i was really worried and know i am not so scared thanks again  thanks a Milion you are truely a blessing pease and love be with you always Keith Rajotte
I would like to ask you one more  question if you don't mint helping me a bit more it would be nice so i will ask ok ?  With these twitches  if it is a virus how long sould these twitches go on it has been about 5 days i think know ? when should i be concernd if it is more than  a twitch from a virus Aweek 2 weeks 4 weeks please advise  thank you Dr
you have really made the last couple of days better  for me and so far today that twitch has seened to  lessen  thanks for your answers and this  site it has been so help ful  Keith Rajotte
Thank you for your question. I would also recommend that you evaluate possibilities of migraine and trigeminal neuralgia with the help of doctor here. Hope this helps.
Dear  Dr Srivastava  i wish to ask you another question. If you would be so kind as to answer it for me, i don't know the term Trigeminal nearalgia could you tell me what this is.And please rememer i am not a Doctor so if you could please keep it simple for me to understand i would surley appreciate it thankyou for all your time and efort it is humbly welcomed  Keith Rajotte  
My forehead has also been twitching between  my brows on the left side. It has been going on for 5 weeks now.
I think that it might be due to fatigue from working and staring at a computer screen all day?
I'm also prone to anxiety and stress.
There is no pain associated with the twitching, and I've not had increased headaches or anything.
I wear glasses, the prescription is less then a year old.
Going to a neurologist is out of the questions, as I'm uninsured.
What do you recommend?
The left side of my forehead has been twitching for 3 days now. Anything i should be concerned about? It feels like a tightening pressure then pulls away. Please any advise would be greatly appreciated!
Thanx megan
I am having the same thing, but I am taking Beta Blocker called Metoprolol, I wonder if there is any relation.
i also have a great concern...i also have the same problem with twitches on me forehead above me eye however it has lasted for over 2weeks now. it is not painful but seems quite uncomfortable which i am not pleased with. it lasts for a good few minutes and at times stays stuck/fixed for few seconds. it would greatly be appreciated if you could help me understand this problem. I have had a T.B.I and as a result am now epileptic hence on lifetime medication for seizures, migraines, anxiety etc...would this have anything to do with it. Thanks
Hmmm...no response :-(
its really bugging me...endless twitching every 10/20minsfor over 3 weeks now. what to do :-(
is this site not meant to help/advise us...