fractured coccyx: long-lasting effects.
i'm taking a stab in the dark here (no pun intended). i was diagnosed with a fractured coccyx two years ago. no x-rays were taken. this was my doctor making an educated guess. he set me up for physical therapy, which i went through for a few weeks, and the pain subsided within that amount of time. this is the part i cannot explain: i am a drummer and i have never had a problem with stamina or flexibility in either of my legs. i happen to be a drummer that plays Heavy Metal, so it's an extreme style of playing. however, after my accident (i fell down a flight of stairs and landed on my left buttock) i have lost the ability to fully control my left leg. it cannot keep up with my right leg. when i play my bass drum pedal with my left side, my left foot starts to turn inward to where my left heel is pointed toward my right foot.  my left leg also cramps and tightens up to the point of it being frozen and immobile. there is no unbearable pain involved though. just the pain that is associated with cramping. i can't figure this out. the only answer that i can come up with is that i'm experiencing nerve damage of some sort. other than sitting playing my drums, i never experience any trouble with my left leg whatsoever. this is destroying me. can someone please help.
Hi there.

The injury you had before may indeed cause some injury to some nerves and other structures in your buttocks and leg area that can be causing you this pain.  Other possible causes includes work related injury (some nerves may be impinged upon prolonged seating) that may be related to the drum playing itself.  The cramping may also be due to inadequate blood drainage of the lower legs which causes the accumulation of lactic acid.  Possible work ups that I can think of would include an MRI (to rule out spinal nerve compressions) and vascular studies of the lower extremities (to analyze the blood vessels).  I suggest that you discuss these options with your doctors, and I hope the cause can be found soon.

Regards and keep rocking.
Thank you so much for your take on this.  I haven't had any feedback like this from anybody regarding this matter in the two years that I've dealt with it.  I've seen various chiropracters as well, and not one has mentioned anything like what you've mentioned.  I'm not trying to wear my welcome here, but it sounds to me like this warrants a visit to a "nerve specialist" of some sort?  I'm not really sure what type of doctor I should be visiting for a problem like this.....

Thank you for your time and valuable input.