Neurology Community
frequent migraines

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

frequent migraines

For about the past 6 years or more I have been suffering greatly with numerous symptoms. The one that stands out the most is a very strange pressure that occurs and really has no trigger. It could happen at any time. It feels like someone is literally holding my brain and squeezing it.
Along with that, I have also had many cognitive symptoms like running red lights because I forgot what red means. Not being able to read because I don't recognize words. Slurred speech. Loss of vision in my right eye for 45 min. Short term memory loss (I only remember this stuff because I started taking note). Weird mood swings (my hormone levels are fine as is my thyroid). Nausia. Random eye vibrations. Random body spasms. And the list goes on...
The newest symptom though is the recent onset of horrible migraines. Completely debilitating. And they are happening almost daily now, for the past month.
As for stress, my life isn't all too bad. I have a wonderful man and hopeful future.
These symptoms have been going on for years, I have also had additions of temporary symptoms that have come and gone away like paralysis on my right side, petecheai (sp?) on my legs.
On top of this I have the kind of exhaustion most 50 year olds don't have. My fiance and I went for a light walk the other day and walked about 4 blocks and I was to the point where I couldn't lift my legs and was light headed. I wasn't sure how I could get home...
All of this and I am only 24 years old. 5'5" and 132lbs.
Has anyone experienced this?
Hi, Thank you for your question. I can understand your worrying concern about long term neurological problems related to migraine and that may be most likely reason of your present symptoms and no sure success treatments that you have tried. The mainstay of the migraine treatment is always to identify the triggering factors and to avoid them. Triggering factors that may induce your migraine attack may be contraceptive pills, stress or depression, bright lights, loud noise and traveling. Other factors could be different foods such as cheese, chocolate, alcohol and even few fruits. Few women experience headache more commonly during the time of their menstrual periods & at the time of hormonal imbalance. I would suggest careful record of events that have proceeded with the attack and avoid those factors. In addition, try to rest in a dark & quiet room, meditate, have a balanced diet and avoid taking unnecessary drugs. Even then if you suffer continuous headache, please arrange an appointment with a neurologist right away who will evaluate the further underlying disorders here that may be the main reasons of your migraine attacks and can provide you an appropriate treatment. Hope this information proves helpful to you. Take Care & Regards!!!