gliotic changes with minimal atrophy
I have recently been diagnosed with multiple cerebral aneursyms.  Ive had three clipped in april 2008 and still have another 1.4cm one to be clipped and two at the back of my head to be coiled also an AVM.  Ive had a CTangiogram done and it states Gliotic changes with minimal atrophy are noted in the right frontotemporalregion, with minimal dilation of the frontal horn and the body of the right lateral ventricle.can someone please explain what this means
thankyou

How are you?
Gliotic changes occur in brain due to gliosis or proliferation of astrocytes in the damaged areas of the brain.
The lateral ventricle of the brain has three horns. The frontal horn extends into the frontal lobe, the occipital horn extends into the occipital lobe and temporal horn into the temporal lobe.
The frontal horn can be dilated due to subarachnoid hemorrhage or a brain cyst. In your case there is minimal brain atrophy with almost no dilatation of the ventricles or frontal horn.
thank you dr for your answer, but does this mean that I have signs of early alzehmiers and can this be aggrivated by a future operation on the left side of my head to clip an aneursym and radiotheraphy on an AV I would appreciate your answer
regards
Robyn