Neurology Community
groin pain after lower back fusion

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

groin pain after lower back fusion

I had lower back fusion of the S1 / L4 end of May.  I went to see the Doctor because of lower back pain and right groin pain that has been going on for 3 years.  The fusion has helped at the S1 and L4 somewhat, but now below that surgery, I have a lot of pain and the right groin is hurting more than ever with sharp pins and needles pain. It goes from the groin to the buttocks then runs down the leg, behind the knee, to the foot.  I think I have the doctors stumpped here.  They keep putting me on all kinks of drugs.  Meprozine, lyrica, propoxy, and such.  I am tired of being drugged and being bed bound. Any ideas?  Would like to know if the back fusion can be undone.

Thanks!
My mother recently had spinal fusion as well, and is now experiencing the same type of pain. She no longer is having trouble with her back hurting profusely, but she says the pain coming from her groin is worse than her back pain was before she had the surgery. Not only that, she had a "boil" of some sort come up in her pubic region next to her leg and had the doctor to lance it for her. He says that once this heals, it will take care of the pain in her groin. Personally, I think he is full of ****, because it was lanced two weeks ago and she has not had any relief of the pain as of yet. Maybe in time she will, but the boil has only shrank in size just a small bit, and remains there to this day. We are concerned about this and need some help as well. It's hampering her ability to heal correctly from the spinal fusion.